Diamonds In The Sky - Before The End (Chapter 45)

Before the End

(Claude’s P.O.V.)

              I followed the scent of Viola lingering in the halls, leading up to the guest bedrooms where The Royals were to stay. All the while, the feel of her flesh on mine remained on my brain. I had the urge to be around her now more than ever, to coddle her and make sure everything was okay – now especially with the circumstances and that vague message she had said before. It was the strangest feeling for me, but alas, everything had become strange since I had laid eyes on Viola.

            I could hear her voice flutter under the door to my ears, and the male voice that followed. As I neared closer, the bedroom next door opened and out appeared a couple. The woman, Mrs. Luckett I think was her name, smiled kindly to me. Mr. Luckett, on the other hand, didn’t throw a smile my way.

            “Mr. and Mrs. Luckett,” I smiled politely, “It’s a pleasure to have you in our home, despite the circumstances. I’m Claude-”

            “Blackmore,” Mrs. Luckett finished for me, “You probably don’t remember our visits here, but we met once briefly before the war, when your brother was the next heir.”

            “Ah,” I mused quietly, remembering how I strayed far away whenever anything involving royal meetings and such happened at the house, “Yes.”

            “We should get outside and train,” Mr. Luckett looked to me, “Sorry to cut this short, I’m sure you understand.”

            “Its fine,” I replied, “We’ll see each other again later at the meeting after everyone arrives to get everything sorted.”

            “It was nice seeing you again, dear,” Mrs. Luckett smiled towards me while Mr. Luckett just nodded my way and started to walk to the training grounds.

            “Oh,” I called out to them, making the couple turn to look at me, “If you need anything, there will be maids to assist you in any way-with weapons, food, or anything. Don’t hesitate to ask.”

            “We won’t,” Mr. Luckett stated and nodded briefly again, “Thank you.”

            Off they went, disappearing into the endless halls of the place I called home.

            I stood in front of the door, wanting so badly to just lock her up in a bedroom with me. “You do smell really bad, Vee,” the male voice spoke in a half joking matter and fell into a fit of laughter. I knocked on the door, not wanting to spend another second without Viola at my side.

            The door opened to these heavenly eyes that held the world in them. My body became fully aware of her now, and dare I say it, if I had a heart it would be speeding.

            “Hello, Viola,” I tried to speak in a matter that showed I wasn’t amazed by her every movement.

            The red-haired fellow followed suit and stood next to Viola, not bothering to cover up his distaste for me – whatever the reason. I briefly remembered that the Lucketts had a son, “Ah, you must be Sanders Luckett,” my eyes traveled to his face which now head an etched scowl, “I’m Claude Blackmore, as you probably already know. I thought it’d be best to formally introduce myself and such with the circumstances. I already met your mother and father as they were heading out to the training grounds. But it is a pleasure to meet you.” I smiled and put out my hand to shake his and when he refused, I was not surprised. A brief chuckle left my lips, “I figured.”