Diamonds In The Sky - The Past (Chapter 11)

The Past

I stood deep in the forest staring at the past. The faces of people that I hadn’t faced in years were now standing around looking at me in awe. The Lucketts stood next to me - Meredith, Arch, and Sanders. The Dermotts stood on the right of me, Asher Dermott and his wife and mate Victoria Dermott. Victoria was a small woman, reaching her husband at his shoulder. She was tan with brown hair and brown eyes. Her husband Asher was tall and muscular with black-ish hair and gray eyes. Next to them stood the Bennetts, Porter and his mate Charlotte. Porter was tan with short, black hair and blue eyes. His wife, Charlotte, had the same black hair and blue eyes but was very light skinned. Next to them stood the Ramseyers, Annabelle and Emerson Ramseyer. Anabelle had dirty blonde hair and was very light skinner with green eyes. Her mate, Emerson, stood tall with long blonde hair and blue eyes. In between the Ramseyers and the Lucketts stood the Wrights, Gabrelle and Sterling Wright. Grabelle had blonde hair and a light tan with brown eyes. Sterling had long-ish brown hair with a light tan and brown eyes. They stood in a circle, me being the head.
We had arrived moments ago, the Royals awaiting my arrival. We stood silent, no one forming a smile or uttering a word. I was worried that some of them were angry for my leaving since they hadn’t said hello or anything for that matter. Shock flickered in their eyes as they overlooked me, trying to see if I was an imposter. I did not want to be the first to break the silence so I waited for them to speak, to say at least something.

“You’re really back,” Victoria stated with a small smile.

“Yes, I have returned from the dead,” I smiled, “So to speak.”

“Welcome back, Miss Diamond,” Porter Bennett smiled. This caught me by surprise, Porter was always the serious member in the Royal Packs. He hardly ever smiled during a meeting.

Emerson Ramseyer eyed me curiously from where he stood. He kept his face straight showing no happiness nor surprise, he stood emotionless as the others threw small smiles my way.

“Why did you leave us in our time of need, Miss Diamond?” Emerson sneered.

Not everyone is happy you are back, I muttered in my mind.

“Emerson!” Arch yelled, “There is no need to be angry with Viola. She did what she had to stay alive. That tone of voice will not be used!”

“Actually, it is okay,” I said with my voice calm, “If Mr. Ramseyer here wants to know my reasons for what I did, then I will tell him in great detail.”

The smiles of the Royal Packs had now vanished, waiting for my answer. The greetings for my arrival had ended, the meeting was now in full session.

The Ramseyers had never been very well with my family. Emerson believed that the Ramseyer Pack was more powerful than the Diamond Pack, which was very untrue. His wife, Annabelle, never really liked my mother for reasons unknown to me but she was at least very tolerable. My mother and father tried to fight the least they could with the Royal Packs and they succeeded, with the exception of Emerson.

I remember once that Emerson had challenged my father, Ven Diamond, to a fight to see who was more powerful. Emerson truly believed he could be my father, he bragged about how his Pack would be the top of the Royal Packs after he won the fight. My father had the upper hand on him, but Emerson was stubborn and continued to fight despite his wounds. My father held back his power, not wanting to kill Emerson but only weaken him. In his Alpha position, his inner wolf would tell him to murder any wolf who dare take his position but my father tried to keep peace with other beings. How could he teach peace if he killed one of the Royals? It wasn’t possible, a riot would break out. Once Emerson gave up, my father stood tall with hardly any wounds. Emerson still believes he should be the top Royal Pack which might be why he had a distaste for my return.