Chapter 6

I started making my way down stairs with both of my adopted parents following. Wow that's weird to say. I finally made it to the doorway and saw them both still standing there with worried expressions. When they saw me they both let out a sigh of relief.

I stood there awkwardly crossing my arms in front of them until heather broke the silence. "Ashley I know ur a little upset or confused or even angry about this situation but me and ur father are here now to explain everything to u" she looked around cautiously and leaned into my ear "especially about ur changes" she pulled back and gave me a sincere smile. What the fuck was she talking about 'my changes'?

I gave her a confused expression and she returned one as well. Then a look of realization hit her. "We will talk later, come we better get a move on so we don't be late!" She said excitedly, now I know she defiantly is my mom because of how her eyes twinkled when she got excited, my adopted parents didn't have that like I did. "Wait what? Where are we going?" I turned back to my adopted parents, both had sad looks on their faces.

"We are taking u home with us" Blake said. I turned back to them "where is 'home' exactly?" 
I watched as the two looked at each other "we were going to keep it as a surprise, but since u want to know I guess we should tell u" heather said with a big warm smile on her face. "We are going to California!" I stared at both of them like they were crazy.

"California?! Are u nuts I can't leave London to live in California!" I screamed at both of them. Both of their happy excited expressions turned to guilt and worry. "Besides if I leave London what about school and all my friends and family?!"

"School is covered, we signed u up for one in California" Blake told me in a calm manner. My eyes darted between both of them waiting for another response when the next one came from heather. "Friends, u can make some new ones in ur new school and if u want I'll let u come visit ur old friends time to time. And as far as family goes we are ur family now ashley" heather told me with pleading eyes. I thought about it for a moment and made my decision.

"Fine let me pack..." I said not making eye contact with them. I turned back to see my 'family' and my friends staring at me. Ugh I totally forgot they were here during all this!

I ran up stairs to start packing. I can't believe I was doing this.

---------------------------------------------------------

I pulled out some clothes to put in my suit case when I heard a knock at my door. I slowly opened it and before I knew it I was engulfed in a hug.

It was Natalie and Matt. They both let me go and I noticed Natalie's eyes were all pink and puffy. She was crying. "Are u really going?" She said trying hard to not let her voice crack but failed miserably. I looked down at the floor not daring to meet their eyes. "Guys... I have to...I want to learn more about myself and where I came from and about my family. Basically my whole life so far has been a big old lie!" They both nodded in agreement.

I finished packing and Matt carried my stuff downstairs for me. As I walked downstairs I noticed all my 'family' gathered down the stairs. I took a deep breathe and made my way down them. I hope this doesn't get to emotional because of it does I might start to cry and the thing is when I cry I might never stop.

I took my suit case from Matt and hugged him.  He looked into my blue eyes with his big brown ones and started to tear up. Dammet here comes the water works. But before I started to tear up he slowly kissed the side of my cheek. I looked up at him and hugged him one last time and whispered in his ear "I'm going to miss u" this is when the tears started flowing. "I'm gonna miss u to ash" he whispered back and broke the hug. I slowly made my way to Natalie and this is where things got extremely emotional.

I ran up to her and hugged her as tight as possible. She started to bawl and so did I. "I love u ash don't forget that" she whispered into my ear as we hugged. I broke the hug and whipped my tears "I love u to bestie" I was about to turn away when she grabbed my wrist. I turned to see her holding a silver locket. "I was planing on giving it to u for ur birthday but I guess the time is right now" she chuckled and handed me the locket. It was beautiful. I put it on and mouthed a 'thank u' and turned away to say goodbye to my adopt parents.

My 'mother and father' were crying. I never seen them like this before. I engulfed them in a hug and they hugged me back tightly. "I'm going to miss u guys" I said. They chuckled and released me. My mother cupped her hands out my cheeks "don't u ever change" she kissed my forehead and I smiled at her. I turned to the front door where my destiny was awaiting me. I took a deep breathe

This was it I'm finally going to feel like I belonged in my family. I clutched my locket tightly and turned back to see all the sad faces as one tear slid down my face.