Chapter 38

I ran as fast as I could. My bear feet hitting against the cold dirt of the ground while my pulse escalated higher and higher. I didn't know what I was running from but I knew I had to keep running.

Something lifted me off the ground and I flew and hit my back against a rough tree. I grunted and curled up into a ball scared to see what monstrous terrifying thing stood before me.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up shaking slightly. A quiet gasp escaped my lips. Aaron stood in front of me looking down with an expression I could not place.

I slowly stood up carefully as if he was ticking time bomb about to go off. "Aaron" I whispered. He clenched his fists at the sound of my voice.

A scream was caught in my throat as I felt his hands grip the top of my shirt violently and he shook me. My eyes widened at the sight of him. He was pale so very pale that it was hard to look at him. He had dark circles around his eyes and he looked...dead.

"Aaron what are you doing put me down!" I yelled but he didn't obey. He shook me again and yelled twice as loud as I did "you did this! It's your fault!" I didn't have to ask to understand what he was talking about. Tears streamed down my face and I shook my head over and over again.

"I'm sorry Aaron I really am I didn't mean for this-" he shook me again but with more force "it's all your fault!"

I jolted up gasping for breathe. I calmed down a little when I realized I wasn't outside anymore I was in my room on my bed.

I turned and looked at my clock that was by my bedside. 4:36 am. I laid back down and sighed as I stared up at my ceiling. I wiped the sweat from my forehead well I won't be able to sleep at this point.

For the rest of the night I just laid there staring up at the ceiling until the sun came up. I hopped off my bed and went to go get ready for school. I pulled out a white long sleeve button up shirt and some black skinny jeans.

I threw on my clothes and left my hair to its length and threw on some black boots. I brushed my teeth and did my makeup and headed downstairs.

Hunter was sitting in the chair Aaron usually sat in by the counter in the kitchen. A pang of anger rose in me seeing him.

He gave me a small smile but I pretended I didn't see. I turned and grabbed my car keys. "Good morning" I heard him say behind me.

I turned and gave him a small nod and started for the door again but he stopped me. "Why are you going so early? We don't have to leave for another 20 minutes." I rolled my eyes and turned on my heel.

"I don't think it's any of your business." I snapped and turned again and ran through the door before he could say anything else.

I opened my car and started the engine. I looked out the window to see Aaron's used to be car parked in the driveway next to mine. I stared at it for a while then started to drive to school to see Ace.

What hunter doesn't know won't kill him. Right?