Chapter 39

I saw Ace leaning up against his locker staring up at the clock watching the time go by. I quickened my pace as I walked towards him. His head slowly turned to the side and he saw me.

He smiled. My stomach had very violent butterfly's in them and it made me want to throw up, I didn't know why but that's how I felt as soon as this pale teenager smiled at me.

I weekly smiled back at him "hey" I said my hands clutching my bag tighter. "Hey" he looked down at my hands and I watched as his eyebrows scrunched together "are you okay?" He asked his voice full of concern.

I snapped back to reality and shook my head "uh...yea, yea I'm fine" I gulped and looked around. To tell you the truth I wasn't fine. I was afraid hunter might of came early to school as well and might see us hanging out together. I wanted to say but the words didn't come out.

I mentally shook my head. I was being paranoid. Besides I'm not a little girl I don't need anyone telling me what to do. Especially a boy who is the same age as me.

Ace shook me out of my thoughts by grabbing my hands gently. He looks down at me with his bright blue eyes that made me melt inside.

"I know it's been a rough couple days and I want to do something nice for you" he started and smiled I tilted my head and giggled "like what?" I asked curiously.

He smirked and took my hand and kissed it. I looked down and let my hair fall over my face so he couldn't see the lush creeping up on my face. But he took the strands of my hair and pushed them behind my ears. "I guess you will have to find out tonight" he winked and started to turn around to go to our first class.

He turned back around to face me "oh" I looked back at him "and don't try to hide it when your blushing, it's just to damn adorable" he said and turned and walked off.

Leaving me with my mouth open and my cheeks burning bright red.

I was about to turn and head off to my first class when I bumped into a small figure. It was Kayla. "Oh hello Ashley" she said in that light girly voice of hers.

I gave her a small smile "hi Kayla" she looked around worriedly and turned back to me and leaned forward to my ear "I saw you with that Darkfero" she whispered.

Suddenly a big knot was in my throat and my stomach felt as if it were about to fall out. She bit her lip and looked down. "I won't tell anyone" I sighed in relief. "I mean I don't approve, but you looked happy with him then you did in days since Aaron passed"

I gave her a sad smile and looked down. She put her hand on my shoulder. "Just be careful" she gave me one of her big warm smiles and skipped off to class.

Time skip to 8pm

I stood in front of my mirror trying to make myself look presentable for whatever Ace has planned. I mean it's not a date or anything just a friendly hang out. Yea friendly. Just friends.

I put on some makeup but not to much brushed out my long silky hair and left it straight. I didn't know if I needed to dress formal or not so I did both.

I put on a casual white dress with some black ballet flats. Feeling satisfied with myself I went and sat on my bed pulling out a book and started to read until Ace came.

As soon as I started reading a sentence something small hit my window. My head snapped in that direction and I got up making my way towards the window.

There stood Ace throwing pebbles at my window in a black button up shirt and that gorgeous smile.