Chapter 26

I lowered my foot a little lower on the gas pedal. We started going faster, trees and highways signs flew by.

Natalie gave me a weird look. "Um ash? Don't you think you are going a little to fast?" She laughed nervously. I sighed "I um..." I didn't know what to say to her.

Hunter turned in his seat to face both of them "just put your seat belts on and shut up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride" I turned at him and gave him a 'are you crazy?!' Look.

He shrugged. I rolled my eyes. I looked in the rear view mirror. The black cars were coming closer and started speeding up and started to corner us.

I slammed my foot on the gas. "What the hell is going on?!" Matt yelled panicked. Almost there. I thought to myself.

Hunter turned to me "we can loose them over the bridge" I nodded and sped up. He unbuckled and leaned over into the back to pull out a black duffle bag.

"What is that?" I asked swerving in and out of the road. Two cars were on my sides trying to bump into the car.

Hunter opened the bag and pulled out a huge gun.

"What the fuck?!" Both Natalie and Matt screamed. I turned and my eyes widened. Hunter rolled down the windows and stuck his head out gun pointed it.

I heard three shots I looked in the rear view mirror and saw one car swerve out into the trees and off the road.

"Step on it!" He yelled out the window. I slammed my foot down. All the way down. Everyone went back in their seats.

We were almost at the bridge. Almost. Just a few more feet.

I could see the bridge from where we were. And it was....it was going up? Fuck.

Hunter noticed and turned "we're going to have to jump it!" I widened my eyes "are you crazy we can't make that?!"

"Listen ash you can do it just do it!" I gripped the steering wheel and the bridge was coming closer and closer. Here goes nothing.

I looked at Matt and Natalie they both were holding on for dear life. I turned back and it was in front of me. Two cars with vampires in the back.

Everything went into slow motion as we jumped. Everyone closed their eyes tight and so did I, until we felt an impact on the bottom of  the car.

We all opened our eyes and we were back on the road house ahead. I looked back, both cars crashed into the river bellow the bridge. I smirked.

But it vanished when I realized I had to explain this to nat and Matt.