Chapter 37

A/N: pic is what Ace looks like

I took a deep breathe and walked away from the coffin. I slowly opened the door and mentally prepared myself to face everyone.

Everyone turned at the sound of the door creaking open. Some turned back to their conversations and others stared at me with pity.

I looked down and walked up to my room. I kicked off my shoes and sat on my bed. My head snapped up at the sound of my window opening.

Standing in front of it was Ace. Scream let them know he's here so they can kill him like they killed Aaron. The voice in the back of my head screamed.

He stepped closer as if I was a ticking time bomb that will go off at any moment. I didn't do anything. I just stared.

"I'm sorry ash" he said quietly. "I didn't want any of this to happen" i stood and made my way over to him. I did something even I wasn't expecting I would do.

I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. He was tense at first but slowly melted into my touch and hugged back. It was a weird feeling I felt...safe.

I didn't want to move I felt so comfortable in the position we were in. I wasn't tired I was just drained from all the crying.

He suddenly scooped me up in his arms as if I weighed nothing and laid me down on my bed. I looked up at his bright blue eyes. He stroked my hair as he sat beside me. "Are you okay?" He asked softly.

I nodded weekly. I took he hand and squeezed it and he squeezed back. I watched as he looked down at both of our hands entangled together.

Both of our heads snapped up at the sound of the door knob turning. At the door was hunter standing there staring at us. I suddenly realized how bad this looked from his point of view.

I sat up quickly "hunter it's not what-" but before I could finish in the blink of an eye he was next to Ace grabbing him by his shirt collar.

Hunter raised his fist "hunter don't!" He looked at me like I have grown three heads. "Ash are you crazy? He's a vampire!"

I gulped "he's not bad. Please hunter don't hurt him" I pleaded. I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and his face softened for a split second but hardened right after.

"If he wanted to hurt us he would've tried by now" hunter turned and looked at Ace his fist still raised and his other hand still gripping his shirt.

I studied Ace's expression. He wasn't scared nor angry, he was just. Blank.

Hunter shook him slightly and threw him back letting him go. Ace stumbled slightly but regained his balance.

"I never want to see you near her again, or I will kick your ass or worse" hunter gave me one last look and left my room.