Chapter 27

Me and hunter both hopped out of the car. He gave me a worried look. I turned away from him pretending I didn't see it.

I watched as Natalie and matt came out of the car slowly and shaky. They walked up to us with wide eyes. Natalie's hair was all messed up and Matt looked like he was about to cry.

"Um...welcome to mystic hills" I said with fake enthusiasm and a small but fake smile.

They both stared at me and we stayed in silence until finally Natalie was no longer in shock "can someone please explain what the hell just happened?!".

I looked down at my feet. Hunter nudged me and I looked up at him. He gave me a weird look I couldn't really read. "Um.. Well you see.." She cut me off "I think I know whats going on Ashley.." She said with a look of sympathy on her face.

My heart started to race. And hunters eyes widened. "You do?" She nodded.

She leaned in "you're a..spy" she whispered the last word. Hunter almost burst into a fit of laughter but bit his tongue. My mouth hung open.

"Don't worry we'll keep you're secret" she winked at me.

"Yeahhhhh that's totally what I am" I looked at hunter and quickly looked back at Matt and Natalie. I gave a fake smile.

"That's awesome!" Matt said. "Yea well let's go inside and see if u guys can stay for dinner"  I motioned for them to walked inside and when they got inside I shut the door behind us.

"You guys can just sit there" I pointed to the big leather couch in the living room. I tossed Matt the remote "we got Netflix, make yourself at home and I'll be right back"

I walked out and into the kitchen where hunter was standing there with a smirk on his face. "Why hello special agent Ashley" he raised his eyebrows and I giggled.

I gave a small sigh "that was to close" he nodded. "I have to go tell your dad about the vampires" he put his hand on my shoulder. I turned and looked at it for a while. He started to walk away slowly and left me there in my thoughts.

Time skip to night
---------------------------------------------------

I lay away with my thoughts in bed. Natalie and Matt got to sleep in the living room on the two couches. They leave in the morning because of school.

I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Why did they have to leave. I thought. I hated lying to my best friends today but I knew it was the only thing to do.

I heard a faint knock at the window I jumped and sped to the corner of my room. I quickly grabbed a baseball bat that was by my closet door (don't even ask why I have that there) I picked it up and got ready to hit a home run.

I heard the window slowly slide open and I walked slowly and quietly with my bag raised. A foot stepped in and I ran right about to swing the bat.

The person was gone in the blink of an eye. I narrowed my eyes and lowered the bat. Suddenly my mouth was covered. I panicked and kicked the person from behind in his/her stomach.

I heard a deep groan and I turned raising my bat ready to swing. I gasped at the sight to see who it was.

It was Ace.

He was bending over in pain. "Nice to see u to" he groaned quietly so he wouldn't wake anyone up.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" I said and bit my lip. I put the bat down and helped him up onto the bed. "What the hell are you doing here I almost knocked you're head off!" I whisper yelled.

He sat up and smirked "I had to see you again" I blushed thank god for the darkness so he couldn't see it. "Well you are really stupid then"

He looked taken back "ouch" he put his hand over his heart. "If the rest of my pack sees u here they will kill you and I mean literally kill you" 

"Don't you think I know that? It's worth the risk" he smiled and I smiled back.