Chapter 36

Femi's p.o.v

Once we had set up came. I realised how much these people needed me. It was as if I was their secret weapon. And if they didn't have me then we wouldn't get anywhere. This fantasy of Jumoke's is slowly coming true which is scary. The things we would be able to do. We just need to win back his Kingdom. But, what if he doesn't want me after that? Will I just go back to being the servant girl. Left by the Pharaoh. No he wouldn't! How could you think such a thing.

Sitting in this tent is boring. I need to help. I step out to see people preparing more weapons for fighting. Woman making armour. Children collecting fire wood. Now is my time to prove myself. I step towards the ladies making armour and sit next to one of the girls with long brown hair. She just stared at me.
"Hello, I am Femi. I am here to help. Is that okay? What's your name?" I asked.
"Oh me. I am Chloe. Sure you can help. Sorry just shocked to see you out don't you want to be resting?" Her face was full of concern. She was so beautiful and young. Yet Chloe was here. Ready to help in this cause.
"I don't need rest. I am fed up of it! Now I am here to help but just don't tell Jumoke." I whispered the last bit. We giggled.
After two hours we had made 23 chain mail. These woman were amazing. We sang songs. Which children danced to and told stories. It was great to forget about everything and have fun. I forgot all this. Which was quite upsetting. All our friends such as Cissy. Is she even alive? Guilt washed through me. I left this vulnerable girl all by herself. She is my best friend. How could I be so cruel? Now wasn't the time. We are coming for you Cissy. Don't worry.
"Femi? Do you want to come to the dance later?" Chloe asked beginning a new chain mail suit.
"Yeah I will. I can see if Jumoke wants to come to. Is that okay?" I asked unsure is he would really want to come.
"Yes! You can bring him!" Chloe giggled. A dance. It seems forever since one of those had happened. Was I dreaming. Could this be real. I ran back to the tent.

"Jumoke? Are you here?" I say entering.
"Yes I am. What is it?" He asked.
"Erm, well we have been invited to attend the dance tonight. Please go. It will show our support and gain the people's trust. Plus I have met some lovely people I want to see again." I pleaded. It was a tiny favour. Which had many good outcomes.
"Yes we can go. As long as you rest now. Just sit and talk to me. Maybe take a nap. I am worried about you. You need to be ready for tomorrow." He lead me to the bed kissing my hand. I laid down. As soon as my head hit the pillow I drifted off into a deep sleep.....