Chapter 17

I woke up to the sound of birds and I remembered last night. My mouth couldn't help but smile. Today has to be a good day, if not then I don't know what will happen. We must of stopped during the night as the carts were still.

I could hear mumbling outside. I slide out of his grip and climbed out of the cart to see what was going in. As I stepped out the fresh morning air hit me. It must of been early as the sun was only just rising. I saw Rosie and Pane together by one cart and Beth and another person by the fire. I felt like I was intruding so I climbed back into my cart and checked on Jumoke. Light snores where still coming from him. I just sat their watching him wondering what would of happened if he hadn't been saved. Where would I be? Would I have stayed with Pane and his "people"? I lie down next to Jumoke cuddling into him, I could feel the warmth radiating off him do I snuggled in further. He moaned and slide his arm around me. Then there was a tapping at the cart.

"Who is it?" Jumoke asked his voice husky.

"It's Pane, may I come in?" Jumoke looked down at me and I nodded in reply.

"Sure." Soon Pane appeared and sat down in the right hand corner of the cart. His face looked angry.

"Sorry to disturb you but, we are about to set off again as we can't stay in one place for to long. If you need the toilet go now. And Jumoke may I talk to Femi alone for a few moments. He nodded and climbed out the cart.

"Pane? What is the matter? You look upset."

"I am Femi. I need to tell you something the Queen has been found out. We have people trying to get her out now before it's to late fingers crossed we can save her." The queen has been found out.

"You said that was impossible. What people are trying to save her?" I asked panic rising in me. I want Jumoke. His arms around me make me feel better.

"I don't recall saying that. My best people. The most powerful after me." Pane said very calm but upset still covered his face.

"Who do you mean?" I asked.

"You know Rosie ad Bethany. They are my best people and another woman named Lauren has gone. " They have risked their lives for the Queen?

"Pane why are they risking their lives for the Queen? Why is she so special?" I asked. I need answers and soon. I am getting bored of waiting in the unknown it is getting tedious.

"The Queen well she is our Queen. She rules our type of people." Pane replied. Finally something to go on.