Chapter 7

The Queen looked beautiful. She was breath taking and it was all my good work.
"Thank you Femi you can leave now. My husband will be waiting for me and you need to get on with your duties." She waited for me to leave. I pulled into a small passageway holding back to find what she was hiding. Soon enough she walked out with a tear down her eye. As I stepped out of the passageway I saw Pane coming out if her room.
"Hello Pane. How come you are not with The Pharaoh?" I asked cautiously. I can't get caught spying otherwise I would join The Old Pharaoh.
"Oh I am making my way down now. Just checking on the Queen you know my duties. Maybe you should get on with yours?" He said anger in his voice.
"I am just waiting for the food from the kitchens to give to the prisoners. See you later at the feast." Well he may. I waved did a turn and walked off towards the kitchen.

"Cissy? Cissy are you there?" I looked around and I couldn't see anyone.
"Young lady have you been giving extra food to the prisoners?" A big broad shouldered man with the army uniform was standing there. Next to him was Cissy who was crying and had her hands in her head, her red hair cascading down her back.
"Why would you say that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"We have accounts from prisoners and you lovely friend here." As he said that he stroked her cheek with a smug grin on his face.
"How dare you! She is 16 and you go around messing with her. How would the Pharaoh like that? Yes I have been giving all the prisoners extra food. They are so weak I felt sorry for then okay. I just have a heart." I said shaking with anger. That evil, messed up, manipulative man.
"Well the Pharaoh is going to love this. We better get him." With his hand he summoned some guards to take me and Cissy away.

How could I let this happen? We were marched down to the dungeons and I saw him ......