Chapter 5

"You returned. I thought... I thought you had gone." A tone of surprise rung through his voice.

"What's the tone of surprise for My Lord? You know I have a duty to you which I have to fulfil. Now your armour." I replied keeping very professional. I can't crack the pain filtering through me that I may never set my eyes upon him again.

"Of course. Lets get started." He said looking away from me.

We walked over to the screen. He started passing over his shirt while I passed over his new one. All this time it has been normal but, something burned inside me. Something that I haven't felt for years. I was falling in love with a forbidden man. The past is repeating its self. This can not be.

"Femi can I have me sword." He demanded. I grabbed it from the table where we used to sit together forming plans. This could be my last time to see him.... maybe I should.... no I can't.... you love him tell him... just do it. So I did. I walked towards him with his sword and met my lips with his. He kissed back with love and passion, pulling me closer holding my waist with one hand and the other on my cheek. It never felt so right. The kiss got deeper more passionate, his grip tightened then...

*KNOCK KNOCK *

We didn't realise at first we carried on but then someone coughed. It was another serving man...... Sain.

Man alive I have messed up my life. Just perfect.

"My Lord they are waiting for you in the entrance." Sain kept his eyes on The Pharaoh and away from me. The Pharaoh stepped forward saying thank you to Sain and he will be down soon. Then turned to me taking my hand into his.

"Sorry Femi. I will have a word with Sain and make sure you will stay working. I have to go." He placed a gentle kiss on my lips and turned away. Tingles fell all over my body. My dream has come to but, it has been revealed to soon. I hope he returns to me. To stop me from dithering and thinking of him. I gave his chambers a deep clean. Then as I was about to start on the curtains Sain entered. He didn't look to pleased.

"I trusted you. You said you would stay away for him. He needs a wife of proper class not some serving girl clouding his mind. No wonder he has been so off every lady we have had. It was you." He pointed his finger at me. Guilt filled me up.

"But.. but it wasn't just me there are two of us."

"I know I expected more of you and of you. Why would you do it?" Sain looked so disappointed in me. How could I have done this? A tear trickled down my cheek.

"Sorry, I can't control how I feel. He feels the same. He wants me. He loves me. Why can't you just stick your nose out." I can't believe I just said that.

"I would but I can't. You mean something to me, your... your my sister." He looked always ashamed of the secret he just shared with me.

"What?!Youtellmenow!How?Andwhendidyouknow"?" I said I one breath.

"I didn't quite catch that could you repeat it." Sain asked.

"Oh sorry. How? And when did you know?" I asked slower this time.

"Well Father had an affair when your mother was pregnant with you and got my Mother pregnant with me. And I have known for years about 10 to be precise. Look I want to tell you in a better way rather than us arguing."

"Wow! How could he? And how could you keep it from me for so long? I have been here for 3 years now." I replied walking to the balcony over the city where all the men were making there way to war and the citizens coming into the palace. I could just make out the outline of The Pharaoh pain struck me like a lighten bolt.

"Come on this won't help. Keep yourself busy. Lets go downstairs and help." Sain said guiding me away from the balcony towards the door. That could of been the last time I saw him. I turned to look over and I saw the city gates open and heard lots of shouting.