Chapter 31

"The Queen of Egypt? But I thought she was against us!" I replied.

"Many people think that, however she is an insider. Not many of us know this. See I thought being so close to Jumoke you would know." She said.

"I did but forgot. A lot has happened since then and Jumoke is out of my life. Someone has his heart not me. A girl with dark brown hair nearly black, don't know her name. If I did I would like to give her and family a piece of my mind. To be honest I know I need to move on, get on with my life. He doesn't want to be part of that fine. It is over and done with now no going back!"

"Right. I see. Okay now then." Martha struggled to speak which is unusual for her.

"What is next?" I asked pushing our lesson on not wanting to talk about Jumoke any more!

"Well next you are going to try and persuade the power out. Sounds stupid I know! But it is only way to do it. First you say nice, friendly stuff such as: how are you, can you come out, I would like to know you extra."

"That sounds weird. Does it really work?" I was unsure, sounds crazy not stupid!

"It helps, don't worry this is something you do on your own. In your own time. You will see the effects in lessons. And I can tell if you are doing it or not!"

"Alright. Still unsure but if you say it helps I will do it."

"Good, good. Now I think that is enough. We don't want to tire it out before we have even started. Powers need rest. Some more than others! Remember that." Martha said, then walked out the room leaving me in darkness. It was kind of scary alone. Not knowing if I was alone or not. I turned and walked out. Obviously I crept myself out, so I kept looking behind me. With out realising I walked straight into someone.

"Oh sorry." I looked up. His eyes staring down, tear stains on his face, his hair messy.

"No I am sorry!"

"Don't be! You ruined it. It is over now go. Please just go." I begged. It made me look weak but that is all I could do!

"Femi, please don't do this. I am truly sorry." He pleaded.

"Don't Jumoke! It is gone, over, finished. Now do not make it harder than it already is!"

"Please. I need to talk to you. This is more complicated than you realise." Jumoke said his voice was weak.

"I'm sure it was!" I turned away, before I could walk he grabbed me arm spun me round kissed me. Sparks went flying through me body, how I missed that kiss. Stop! Stop this. He has done wrong, someone else has kissed those lips when it was meant to be you. They are blackened!

"Come on Femi. Talk to me! I need you to hear my version."

"Your version, you kissed a girl and begged me to take you back. Done, not as complicated as you make out."

"Make out! No it isn't complicated you make out with other girls so leave me alone!"

"That is not true. Please Femi let me tell you the truth!" He begged.

"I have seen the truth! What else could there be?" I told him. All I wanted was just to leave. Fall asleep for hours disappear. Yet another part f me wanted to know his story.

"Lots more which to do not know about!" He answered.

"Oh I am sure there is." Sarcasm taking over.

"Don't be sarcastic. I know you are upset, angry but, we need to sort this. We can't leave it like this, can we?"

"Yes we can! And I am not just upset and angry I'm disappointed! Now leave, I want to listen however, I can't my head won't let me. Yet my heart tells me to. This time I listen to my head."

"Just listen to your heart. Femi are going to regret it if you don't. I know you to well. It will be something you regret Femi. Come on I won't try anything."

"That doesn't sound like you! Try nothing! How much rubbish is that?" A smile crept over my lips.

"Quite a lot to be honest. Will you listen to my story?"

"I will listen."

"Thank you." We stood there for a few minutes staring at each other. These precious moments I loved. Everything that has happened with him I loved and love.

"Are you going to tell me?" I asked.

"Oh right, yes. Well you see..."