Chapter 26

We just lied here for ages not moving or saying anything. It was nice. The tension had gone everything was fine. But what he told me still played on my mind. Where were my family? My true family I mean not the ones who took me in. Right now all I want to do is find them. They could help me. This is crazy! They wouldn't help me I'm some random woman who came up to them claiming I'm their sister who got separated after our parents died!

"Femi." Jumoke mumbled.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I love you. You do know that right. My world with out you is nothing. All I think about us you. And if this journey means we can not be together well my life is over. Femi promise me you will never leave me. Please just promise." His voice started to break. What can I say? I want to say yes but, how can I promise that?

"Jumoke, you know I can't promise that. I love you yes with all my body. You are the best thing in my life however we have so much more to look into. There is a future but, I don't know if it's together or not. We will find out sooner or later trust me please." I said, I tried to restrain myself from breaking. All I wanted to do was promise but, I know it's wrong.

"You are right Femi. You are always right. I'm going to check up on where we are." His voice picked up. This is weird. What is going on? Is that really Jumoke?

Time just ticked by while I lay on the floor of the cart. Jumoke hadn't come back. He was still outside somewhere. I don't know if I should go and find him or leave him to it. Oh I will leave him to it he is a grown man he can take care of himself! I can just lie here for a while and brood over everything I have learnt. Think if more questions for Pane. I better go and see Pane. I feel it's a good thing to do.

I hopped out the carts and ran towards Rosie's cart where he is resting. I gently tap the side of the cart.

"Come in." I hear Rosie's soft voice call. I climbed in. Straight away I saw Rosie had been crying.

"Rosie? Rosie why are you crying?"

"Well... erm..... I'm not to sure to be honest. I just feel like I can't lose him. My world would end. Oh please help him Femi. There is this feeling inside me I'm going to loss him." She grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

"Okay I will see what I can do. I'm not to good."

"Oh Femi I'm sure you are the best." Rosie reassured me.

"I wish I wish." That's when I got to work. Each day I took care of Pane. He slowly started to get better. To be honest there is this weird feeling inside of me which happened each time I was in the room alone. If was not what I felt with Jumoke it seemed powerful like something wants to get out but what is it? I can't seem to find an answer for anything.

"Femi you are here. Oh thank goodnes.Jumoke just told me he told you everything. I made him promise not to but, I see you are good at getting things out of people which is useful. Now what I wanted to tell you." Pane said.