Chapter 11

We were dragged up to the throne room.
"Ah thank you, Gregory." The new Pharaoh said smirking at me. Why am I here?
"Right I guess you know why you are here." I slowly nodded then pushed down to the ground. The crowd around us laughed. "Well now we have established why you have joined us. Your lovely old Pharaoh is sentence to death tomorrow due to his disrespect to me. Now you can follow him or tell me what my Queen is up to." I looked up my lips trembling. Can I tell him what I heard? What about Pane? He was always there for me. Looked after me, cared for me, showed me around when I arrived.

"Well erm there was a man their. I don't know who the man was, I could not see and I wished not to prowel into my Queen's private life as it isn't my place. I heard what they talked about and that is all My Lord." I bowed my head as I said My Lord to show a little respect.

"So there was a man there however you did not know who. Well, well my beautiful Queen is a dishonest little slut.. Take them away. Free them tomorrow at dawn so, they can watch the old Pharaoh fight." He waved his hand smirking at me like there was something else. He whispered to one of the guards to his right sending them after us. He marched us back to the cell then spoke.

"I am taking her, leave the other." He hissed and pointed at me. Why is it always me? "Also undo the ropes." He ordered. I glanced over to my love he was watching everything and looked afraid.

"I will get you out of there before dawn. " I mouthed over to him. He nodded in reply still looking down hearted. The guard who talked to the Pharaoh pulled me away. As we walked I looked over my shoulder both Cissy and the Pharaoh were watching me leave. What do they know I don't? Where am I going anyway? Why did this guard run after us after talking to the Pharaoh. Soon enough I was back in the main palace but, no where near the throne room but, heading towards his chambers this can't be happening. I start to drag my heals. This feeling in my gut like someone had stabbed me. Why can't I go back to the cells? I don't really mind it there. I have my man and my best friend.

We reached the chambers of the Pharaoh. It hadn't changed much since I last came. Well the last time I came here was about 8 years ago now. The kiss we shared on the edge of the bed just before they set off to fight him. The man standing infront of me. Smirking as he saw the tear in my eye. I wiped it way as quickly as I could.

"You may go. Make sure no one disturbs us. I have a lot to discuss with Femi." He said looking back to me with a wide grin and warmth in his eyes. I never have seen that before in his eyes esspecially they always seem so dark and unwelcoming however, these eyes were welcoming and bright. I wondered why.

"Well I can see you are wondering why you are here. Don't worry there is nothing to worry about. Please sit." He gestured towards the seat at the table. I sat down not taking my eyes of him.

"My Lord, may I ask why am I here?" I asked shaking with fear at his response. I can't have him you know trying things on. I have someone.

"Femi, you are here to discuss your relationship with the Pharaoh before me. We have information that you were close some claim in love." He said.

"Yes we were close but, as you can see we can not be together due to him being sentenced to death." I replied.
"I know that. This is the point we are not going to kill him you are going to run away with him. As long as you tell me who that man was with my wife." There had to be a catch.
"You promise we can go free." I said. I have to be cautious.
"Yes I promise." He replied. I held my hand out to make sure just a little bit more.
"Well she was I there with Pane. Please don't hurt him." I pleaded as he was such a good friend who made a mistake.
"I won't I am not harming anyone. I will change Pane's role in the running of the palace. Now we have a window of now to nightfall. Go and get your stuff. Meet me in the throne room in and hour." He got up and headed towards the door, I followed suit exiting his chambers as he held the door open I thanked him then ran. Ran towards my chambers or room to be precise.