Chapter 2

Is it me he loves? No their are at least 20,000 people in the city, it could be anyone of them. Oh how I wish it could be me that is impossible. At least if it was me I know my love isn't wasted. We could have a spontaneous love affair. NO! Stop dreaming it is impossible, get that in you head this whole think can not happen. Unless he faked his death.

My train of thought was cut off when I felt something hit my shoulder.

"Sorry, I didn't see you." I said still in a daze.

"You are not bowing at your future queen. How dare you?" This man who looked quite powerful and rich shouted.

"Sorry, I did not know." I bowed my head.

"That is better. Now I understand you are the Pharaohs servant." He asked raising his eyebrow. It was quite a funny look. I can not laugh he is already angry with you Femi do not laugh.

"Yes that is me. How can I be of service?" I asked, I quickly glanced at the "future queen".

"Could you show us to his chambers we have been sent up by one of the servants who then had to leave."

"Why of course, this way." I said smiling stretching my arm out leading the way.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Your Majesty it is Femi, may I come in?" I asked through the door.

"Sure you can. Are you alone?"

"No, your wife to be is here with her father." I replied, as I opened the door stepping in.

"Oh yes hello." The Pharaoh said putting on his best yet one of his cheesiest smiles. I pulled out two chairs for them to sit.

"Pharaoh as you have met my daughter Algri." He then leaned over the table and whispered into The Pharaoh's ear. I couldn't catch it but, his face went bright red with anger. He then banged his fist against the table. 

"How dare you? My staff will stay present. I trust Femi she had been in my service a long time and will not repeat anything which is said here today." He said, then looked at me for agreement. I bowed my head slightly.

"Now your marriage to y daughter it must happen as soon as possible. My wife is expecting the best of the best." The father of the "Future Queen". To be perfectly honest she did not look like a Queen. She was to arrogant also very pompous her nose I is at least 25 feet high in the sky.

"I never truly confirmed that I would marry you daughter. The thing is my friend a lot is happening in my mind recently, there has been a lot to sort out up here." The Pharaoh said as he tapped his head.

"What? But You Majesty you said you would." The father looked so shocked and rather embarrassed. His daughter or the ex- future queen looked so disappointed.

"Look I never signed anything. One of my servants will show you down, preferably not Femi." I said standing up and walked towards his window.

After they had left the Pharaoh was still out on the balcony. I walked over slowly.

"Your Majesty, are you okay?" I asked. This could back fire in your face.

"Femi I am not okay. My head is a mess." He replied looking out to the city. It was dusk so most homes were lit up by candles. There were still some children out playing in the streets, men were coming home after a days work and in the shadows of the candle light if some homes you can see families sitting down for dinner.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked this is quite risky. What should I say if it back fires. He is t talking why is t he talking?

"Thank you Femi, that is really nice of you." He replied I finally could breathe.

"Where do you want to start Your Majesty?" I asked, good adding the Your Majesty so it isn't to informal.

"Femi. Please don't keep saying Your Majesty. It gets quite tiresome after a while. Everyday people call me it and it gets quite annoying I am a normal person to, well I wish I could be."

"Very well I will not call you that if that is what you wish?"

"Oh I do Femi however, I am going to have to tell you something. It is quite hard to say in that respect I must say it. At this present time I will have to dismiss you as my main servant. You see many people think it is wrong and that is most likely reason why I still have not found a Queen. Please you understand don't you?"

"Well I do understand even though, I know there is more to this than you let on. I also have to say you are pretty bad at lying."

"I know I am. You know me so well there is another reason well the true reason though I am not to sure I should tell you."

"Why not?"

"It is rather a matter of ....."

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*