Chapter 16

The footsteps edged nearer and nearer to the cart. I have to do something but what? There is no where to hide. The curtains twitch my blood now boiling inside me.

"See I told you my brother and sister. They are very good he sleeps a lot during the day as he is usually guarding our camp at night. If you don't mind stepping away as I am sure he is asleep and will not want to be disturbed." I heard Panes voice through the tarpaulin I let out a sigh of relief. The footsteps fade and a shout came, then we moved on the horses plodding along to begin with and soon sped up. After a while I heard a groan for Jumoke I looked down and his eyes flickered.

"Femi is that you?" He croaked. I nodded looking around for some water.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, as I fumbled around with the water pouch.

"I am fine a little bit of pain but, I need water." He said rubbing his throat with his hand.

"Just getting it." I held his head up and poured the water into his mouth. I stopped with the water as I didn't want to drown him.

"Are you okay Femi?" He asks, his face was still pale and bags under his eyes.

"Yes I am much better now thank you. I thought I had list you." I replied trying to hold the tears back.

"Sweet heart don't cry. I am here. They helped us." He said stroking my cheek with his hand. Tingles went through my body.

"I love you." I whispered looking into his eyes.

"And I love you too. Who couldn't?" He laughed.

"Just as well otherwise that would if been awkward!" I laughed back, for the first time in eight years I felt alive again. My life is complete I have a family now.

"Come on lie with me and sleep. You look tired." He chuckled and I nodded, lying down and resting my head on his chest. Soon enough I heard his light snores and my eye kids became heavy.