Chapter 19

I kept waking due to this repetitive dream. It was me and Jumoke we were traveling down the Nile on a boat, then the water started churning around and around sucking our boat in and then I saw the face of the Pharaoh. All he did was smile. You could see the enjoyment in his face. It sickened me.

We are travelling I'm just lying here I Jumoke's arms but I really need to toilet. I can't stop everyone! Can I? Jumoke started to stir a light groan left his lips. He rubbed his eyes like a little boy and mumbled "how long have you been up?"

"Not long, well I don't think that long. How was your sleep?" I asked.

"Good thanks. Yours? Now if this whole trip is bothering you talk to me. You look awfully tired and you need sleep. I felt you twisting and turning in the night." He said staring at me.

"Please Jumoke I'm fine just need to get out of a cart and start my life and put this behind us. Which is going to be hard due to the fact I know nothing!" I snapped! I never snap at anyone well only mother.

"Calm down. I told Pane not to say anything. It was a cation just in case we get caught I couldn't bare you being killed because of what we are. Luckily we haven't been caught yet, touch wood." He knocked the wood and looked at me. I was stumped he really did care. He wants me to live.

"You are keeping who I am from me! How dare you!" I stood up, pulled back the tarpaulin and jumped off the cart. I'm not staying with him. I need a new life. I heard shouting coming from the cart!

"FEMI COME BACK! IT'S TO DANGEROUS! PLEASE COME BACK. PLEase." His voice cracked. Is it really that dangerous. No it can't be he is trying to scare me. Well young sir that won't work! In a strong woman and I will cope without a man!