Chapter 32

"Well you see. It all started when she began to come to me for advice."

"Her name is Martha and what advice?" I asked.

"You know her name! How? It was advice about getting your powers out from hiding inside of you."

"Doesn't matter how I know. Now carry on."

"Alright then. You see she started coming more often. I asked for it to be only once a week as I have other issues to sort out to not only hers. Do you get my drift? So Martha turned around going; how dare you? After everything to said to me! The I love you and the kisses. I asked her where she is getting it from. All she did. All she did was say if we don't carry on plus more everyone is going to know what you said. She blackmailed me. I couldn't get out of anything. When she went to kiss me I pulled away. All she did was say I love you. I had no choice. To be honest I hated it because, I didn't love her. I loved you! With every bone in my body. Martha knew no one would believe me when I said I didn't love her. Why? Because people don't think I am being a good substitute to Pane or a good Pharaoh of Egypt. Even though I have been aortic out many problems to do with Egypt!"

"Oh Jumoke come on. I would of believed you. Never let anyone do that to you again okay? I love you as well! With all my body to! Trust me. Now what is the true reason why she blackmailed?" I asked, I knew he was lying about that. It was quite easy to see.

"How did you know?" He asked lifting his face. He had only looked at me a few times during what he was saying. To be honest he seemed ashamed, especially of Martha or what she did. At some points his voice cracked yet he never gave in. That is my Pharaoh!

"I just know." I smiled reassuring him no matter what he said I will still be there when he has finished.

"Okay, well when I was younger much younger. There was this girl. Her name was Martha. We were childhood sweethearts, she thought we would be together forever. She would be my wife, we may or would have children. That was her dream. However I broke that dream by falling in love with someone else. Falling in love with you." He said smiling.

"You mean she is broken hearted because of me!" I blurted out, I felt bad. I mean some stranger arrives and your whole life turns upside down!

"Yes."

"How can you be so calm? Her whole life was turned upside down! Not just broken but messed up. You have your life planned with a man you love and who you think loves you back. Yet when a strange arrives and he leaves you for her. Don't you think she maybe mad? Not just at me but, you to? Can't you see why she wanted to do this?" I asked.

"Yes I can but why now? Why after so many years? Wouldn't you of thought she may have done it sooner? When we were just starting out then we would of been weaker. Not as strong as we are now?" He answered with questions.

"True. That is something I don't understand. Why wait for this long? Is it because she has found someone else to help? Someone we don't want her to help? A person who is against us?"

"You are right! Why else would she do it?" He asked.

"It have no clue, this needs sorting. Lets go to Pane and Rosie." I suggested.

"Femi I couldn't live without you! Do you forgive me?"

"Jumoke I do! I can't live without you either." He stopped walking pulling me closer. Kissing me on the lips, he wrapped his hands rounded my waist. This allowed him to pull me closer. I felt his warm body up against me. The kiss deepened. Getting more passionate; my arms wrapped round his neck with my hands in his hair. I slowly pulled away, smiling at the ground. A burning feeling on my cheeks, can't believe he still made me blush!

He laughed, "glad I still make you feel like that. Come on we need to sort this out."

"Stop rubbing it in! Now let's go." I said walking off.

"Hey! Wait for me." He shouted after me. But I kept walking not turning back. A smirk crept on to my lips.