Chapter 15

I felt someone shaking me. The memories of yesterday came flooding back as I peeled my eyes open to see Pane in my face.

"Morning, sorry to wake you like this but, we need to keep moving as the Pharaoh has realized we are in his land. You can travel with Jumoke as he is well enough to travel now. Now come on time to get up." He stood up and walked away helping the others pack away. I felt horrible. I wanted to help but, I also just wanted to sink back and hide. These people risk their lives to save Jumoke and mine then they have to move. I gather my belongs, well the few things I got out my bag.

"You ready?" This man in a blue hood, he had greyish eyes. He wasn't meant to be here. He was the one who helped, helped try and kill Jumoke. I tried to scream. Nothing came out. Why won't anything come out? Fear must of shown in my eyes.

"Come on, the others are ready to leave. Don't worry I am not go you think I am, I helped get Pane to save him. I am a insider to the palace Pane has been found out." He said as we walked over to the carts.

"What about the Queen?" I asked. She was nice to me.

"She is fine at the moment. It won't be long till her secret is discovered." He said though worry was filling his eyes. He was that man other than Pane she was talking to. I can't remember his name, he was a palace guard or something. He helped me on to one of the carts and there lay Jumoke. He looked pale and worn out however the main thing he was alive. I couldn't believe the bags under his eyes they were a deep blue, his eyes were shut and I gathered he was sleeping as his breathing was steady. I slowly lied down next to him, nestling my body up against his and resting my head in the crook of his neck. His sweet smell made me feel less afraid as I got comfy his arm wrapped around my body. This feeling of security was there. The carts started to move. The horses and mules were slowly plodding along. The wheels of the carts rattling as we went. It was a comfort and quite soothing. My eyelids became heavy and soon the room went dark. 

I woke up as the cart jerked forward as we stopped. There were voices of men outside, I heard something about searching the carts before any left the Pharaorh's land according to his orders. If this happened no one told me what to do. Maybe they won't search them. Maybe we could do something. I don't know but, the only thing I do know is I can't lose him has I have only just got him back. 

"Right in this one is some of my family and my and my girlfriend." I heard Pane say. Ooh he has a girlfriend. I wonder who she could be. Bethany no to lively for him, Rachel she is a fine girl but way to shy, Babe no way she is with Micheal, that leaves Rosie, she seems perfect for him. My train of thought was interrupted by the voices outside the cart I was in with Jumoke. A man they believed dead, who is very much alive. What do I do?