Chapter 3

I frantically woke up after the alarm ran through snooze twice. It was twelve thirty and I was expected to be ready in an hour.

I skipped breakfest, going to the bathroom and unbriading my hair. I hair sprayed it in place.

I do my eyeliner, eyebrows. Full face of makeup. Maybe even a little more than usual.

I checked the printed numbers on the clock. Two minutes past the time I was supposed to be down.

As I ran to the stairs, I silently hope Lucy hadn't showed yet. But watching out the window, she was.

I walk to the kitchen, seeing my parents.

"I have to go"

"Wait a minute-"

"No. I really have to go, sorry."

My mom purses her lips "Good luck honey"

"Thanks."

As I opened the door, Lucys parked car window rolled down.

"Hurry up girl, youre late!" 

"I know, I know." I breathe out as I sat down in the front seat. "Im sorry"

She smiled brightly, "Theyre going to love you, you look great."

I smiled with my lips, raising my eyebrows, "Thanks"

She drove silently for a while. Almost all the way there until I spoke up as we pulled into the parking lot. My nerves going wild.

"So uh, is there a script that I need to know for this audition or?"

"No, they give everyone a script for about five minutes to look through before you go in."

"Can I bring the paper in with me"

"Yes" she nodded

My hands shook as we walked in. I took a seat next to Lucy, and about a half an hour later, the scripts came out for everyone.

As people were called in, I read my lines over and over, feeling less confident the more smiles that walked out the revolving door of girls.

"Emily Rose?" A blonde lady, black suit and skirt. Smile bright.
I stood up, walking over to her and watching Lucy.

"Good luck" She mouthed. I nodded in her direction as I stepped through the door.

I froze, watching Dan Schneider himself sit in front of me. He was my childhood. The lady that brought me in, the camera lady next to him.
And Sean, his familiar gentle face settled me down.

My eyes travled by the wall. And there sat Jace Norman. He'd be the only reason as to why Id walk out these doors and forget about the audition. The hatred that I had grown towards the arrogent guy was huge.

I focused on the camera. The lady began speaking.

"Can you tell us your name, age, and height please."

"My name is Emily Rose, im fifteen years old and I am 5'5"

"What got you interested in acting?"

"I made a lot of videos when I was younger, short ones but it started then, ive grown a love for it ever sense."

After a couple more basic questions, we began the script. And nervous for a while, I grew more comfortable with it. More into the character.

As we finished up, Dan spoke "Well stay by the phone for the next week. Youll get a call if we want you back."

I nodded, smiling "It was nice to meet you guys"

As I began to leave I glanced at them packing up their things. I was happy my audition was over, and so were they, because they could finally go home.

I walked into the waiting room to find it empty. I panicked, but reaching for my phone, found a text from Lucy.

Hey. Meet me in my car. They made me leave, closing time.
Read 5:48 pm

I sighed and walked to the door. My boots skidding across the tiled floor as someone rushed their way in front of me. They opened the door, and held it for me.

Through the blinding sun I watched as the blonde hair boy smiled. Jace.

"Thanks" I mummbled, walking quickly past him.

"Hey, hold on a minute!" I heard the fast scuff of his shoes on the concrete.
I continued to walk, but his fingers gently wrapped around my wrist, turning me towards him.

I pulled my wrist away and watched him. His eyes peirced into mine, the deep brown of them glared off the sun. His features were babbyish, but shaped almost maturly.

"I uh, just wanted to say good job" He spoke.

I nodded "Thanks", turning back around walking towards Lucys car, I could feel his eyes on me.

I felt a sense of awkwardness as I stepped into the car. At first I thought I was crazy, but the more I though about it, the more I was sure.

His eyes were on me the whole audition.

So were mine.