Chapter 13

I slip my grey tshirt over myself and hang up my sandy bathing suit in the shower.

"What do you want to do now?" I called through the hallway as I made my way back to my room.

"Dont know"

"Well, are you hungry?"

He shrugs.

"You seem to not know a lot, you know that?"

"Guess not"

I shake my head and grabbed Jaces hand, pulling at him lightly to signal for him to come with me.

I hold onto his hand on the way down stairs, the bright sun making it hard to see for a split second as we transition to the first floor.

I shut the windows, Jace following me like a lost puppy until we got to the living room.

He stands in front of our seats, facing me, expecting anything he can get.

My hands gentally push his chest, his body falling back into the couch.

"What do you want to watch?"

"I dont-"

"Dont say you don't know."

He sighs, picking my fingers off of the remote.

"Or we could not watch something?"

I watch him as his eyes gentally meet mine, catching onto what he was leading onto.

"No Jace."

He sighs, "Shameless?"

My fingers find the remote again, pressing the guide to find it on live tv. Mumming to the tune of the song at the beginning.

He snakes his arm around me, being lenient I let him, resting myself aginst his chest as I slouch down further.

"Em?"

"What?" My eyes glue to the tv.

"I love you."

As my lips tug into a smile, not wanting to move my eyes from the unnerving situation.

"I know"

|~*~|

I wake up to the silence of the living room. The surroundings were dark, lit up slightly by the illuminating tv. It read,

Shutting down to unactivity, press 'no' or 'cancel' to go back.

I find the remote between my curled legs that rolled up behind me, pressing the power button. Looking my way through the adjusted darkness in the paths of heavy breaths. Asleep in the same position as before, I watch Jaces chest rise and fall.

Slowly I reach for my phone in front of me on the Coffee table. The time read 4:34 am

I move my body back to Jace, hitting him with the back of my hand as I rub my eye with the other. "Hey"

"Hmm" His eyes remain closed.

"Lets go upstairs"

It takes him a second to readjust himself, sitting up and processing where he was.

"What time is it?"

"Four"

He rubs his eyes, trailing over his hair as he sighs.
"We have to get up anyway"

"Huh."

"You start the script today muffin head"

"We don't have to be at the studio until six"