Chapter 23

Over the time of a month, life had been moving quick. Work finding it's way to overtake my social life and any plans racked up every week.

Over the time of a few weeks, I only see Jace during work. Causal run in's and short lunch breaks. But anything out of the studio was almost unheard of.

However, as the morning of the first weekend I've had off in a while comes around; I jump from my bed at the knock of the door, giving up my time to sleep in.

Dispite my lack of pants, I fling myself to the door. Ecstatic to finally see him outside of being professional.

I pull open the front door, attaching myself to him before a word escapes his lips. My arms wrap around him and I take it in. Like an obsessed school girl and her crush.

He chuckles lightly, tickling my waist as his arms trail around me
"Hey"

"I missed you."

"Its been a day. Chill" He teases, leaving a light kiss on my neck before letting me go.

"Your parents home?"

"At work" I follow him as he invites himself into my house.

"Cool, so I found out that they're doing a sequel for Splitting Adam"

"Already?"

"Got enough votes"

"So you'll be busy doing that then?"

"Not for another couple months, but yeah"

"Thats so great" I plaster on a smile dispite knowing that not seeing him often would certainly be something normal now.

"Yeah, so anyways," His gental fingers trail up my knee, stopping upper thigh.
"Your birthday is coming up, what do you wanna do?"

I shrug, "surpise me"

"I can do that" His quiet words vibrate my skin as his mouth brushs my neck, making harsh contact as a knock on the door fills the room.

I groan lightly, pushing him away as I stand to approach the door.

I instantly regret the decision, hiding behind the door as I open it in the lack of clothes.

I distactingly grin at the long haired girl, brushing her highest point of her thighs. Wide eyes, she grin through shiny lips.

"Hi?"

"Im Rose," she sighs lightly, jabbing her thumb in the direction behind her, "Just moved in down the road- my mom told me to go make friends"

"Emily"

"Would you mind telling my mom were friends so she gets off my ass?"

I chuckle lightly, opening the door,
"You wanna come in?"

"Yeah thanks" she grins, waiting for me to close the door behind us and lead her to the livingroom.

I explain my lack of pants, apologizing, but being cut off as she freezes in her tracks.

I follow her strict eye contact with Jace as he sits on the couch, scrolling through his phone unaware of the situation.

"Oh, this is my boyfriend, Jace. Jace this is Rose, she just moved in down the stree-"

"Holy shit, you're Jace Norman." Her eyes say glued as he looks up from his screen, smiling lightly at her.

"And you're in the new season- you play Katie don't you?"

I nod lightly, almost drawn back of her knowing who I was. One of the first episodes had aired, and I had been attracting more attention then what I was used to.

"My neighbors are fucking famous- my friends will be so jealous."

Jace stands,
"You a fan of Henry Danger?"

"If you call being able to recite the lines of your show then yeah"

"Cool" I glance at Jace,
"we should give her a tour of the set sometime?"

"Definitely." Jace smiled, nodding in her direction.

"You're serious?" She awes with her eyes as I nod.
"Shit you guys are cool"

Vibration hitting the glass of the table illuminated a jump out of our bodies.

Jace picks up his phone, sighing at the contact number

"Davis" he mummbles.

"Let me answer" I take it from his hands before a protest of not wanting to answer at all comes from his lips.

Hello?

Hey Emily, where's Jace?

How'd you know it was
me so fast?

Hard to forget such an
abnoxious voice

What do you want?

I need to talk to Jace

...You didnt hear?

Hear what?

Jace, passed. A few days ago

He was over at my house
last night dumbass.

Did I say a few days ago?
I ment a few hours ago-

Jace takes the phone from my hand, passing by me with a light chuckle, into the kitchen to talk with Davis.

Rose places herself next to me as I find a spot on the couch.

"Who's Davis?"

"Davis Cleveland. Jaces friend, he was in a show when he was younger"

"He was in shake it up?" Her eyes light up, indicating the action of understand who he was now.

"You know your shows huh?"

"I was home schooled. Had a lot of down time growing up. "

I hesitate to ask the stranger, but understanding that a lonely night was about to come if I didn't.
"Would you want to hang out tonight? You know, so your mom thinks you have friends"

She grins as her phone alerts in her pocket.
"Yeah sounds cool. That's my mom, I gotta go. See you at eight?"

"Yep"

Jace walks in as Rose approaches the front door.

"It was nice to meet you" he waves lightly.

She returns in a smile, leaving the door shut behind her.

"She seems co-"

He attached his lips to mine , my eyes widen, dimming as I attempt to pull away.
"Where the hell did that come from?"

He ignored the question, pushing himself on me. I take the time pull off his sweatshirt, tossing it to the floor.

"When are you're parents getting home?" He mummbles.

"Not until eight"

"We got time" he smirks to my lips, pulling me off the couch. Implying that we needed to head for my room.

He closes the door behind us, pushing us to the bed. My fingers study his body as he takes in the moment.

Breathing close to my neck, his lips skim my skin.

"Em.."

"No, shut up. Don't make things complaicated"