Chapter 15

"Em?"

My body wakes to a soft voice, but a harsh touch on my shoulder.

My eyes flutter open for a second, shutting again as a "Hey" escapes from my lips.

"Youre in the next scene."

I run my hands over my face as I sit up, I look around the room. Finding my sweatshirt I was borrowing hanging over the couch arm.

I stand up, pulling the soft material over me.

I fix my hair up into a bun in the lit up mirror, seeing Jace watch me through the reflection.

"When are we going home" I mummble through tired lips.

"You think this is bad, wait until we get to dress rehearsals"

I groan, slipping my shoes over my gray socks.

"It's the last scene. Let's just get it done."

I nod. Walking along side him as we walk down the hallway. Turning corners to the set.

"Get in your places please! Season three, episode one, scene 10. Let's get it done, wrap it up for the night. I'm sure you all want to get home, I know I do"

I walk behind the set door of what's labeled as the 'Hart's House' as Dan's voice echos through the large room.

My script is gripped in my hand, the word "action" rings through my ears. My lines being only semi memorised, my body relaxes at the knowledge of no cameras being point towards anybody today.

|~*~|

I close my dressing room door behind me, laying my back aginst the cold carpeted floor.

I reach for my phone a few feet away, dragging my body to it. The time across the screen, 10:58.

The long hours would be the death of me.

A knock on my door causes my eyes to open from the light sleep that had consumed me.

It opens before my response. Jace nudges me with his foot, I glare up at him.

"You ready?"

"Yeah I guess" I sigh, putting my hands up for him to take.

He does, pulling me up so that I'm standing at the usual eyelevel of his nose.

"Am I driving you?"

"Yeah if you don't mind?"

"Of course not"

I watch as he walks over, grabbing my charger from the wall, handing it to me.

I follow him out the door, shutting the lights off in my dressing room.

|~*~|

His car had warmed up from earlier this morning, making it comfortable enough to rest myself aginst the window of the car door.

I glance over at Jace, feeling his eyes on me.

"What?" I laugh

"Good job today"

"Thanks"

"You okay?"

I sigh, watching ahead of me as my heavy head rests aginst the car door.
My body was exhausted, but I didn't want to sleep.

"Just tired- my body is anyway" I shrug.

"This job will do that to ya" He chuckles, starting his car.