Chapter 30

California Scremin was the first one on the list. And unlucky for me, it was on the list four times.
My headache was pounding, and I wasn't necessarily in the mood to ride a twisting rollercoaster for the fourth time. But it was late, and it was Jaces favorite ride. So I kept quiet and dealt with it.

But we stood there for about an hour, and the front of the line was barely within sight. For what reason I couldn't understand, the only thing it was good for was making your head pound. So I didn't really mind that the line was as long as it was.

I pull my phone out to check the nights time, two hours remained before closing, my body was exhausted.

My eyes struggle to stay open and my stand starts to sway. Jace notices,

"You okay?" His arm swings over my shoulders, creating friction on my arm to warm me up from the night that was continuously getting colder.

I nod, "just tired"

"Last ride, we can go home after this okay?"

I lean into him harshly, allowing my weight to go onto his side as he holds me. I glance behind my shoulder, each person from the cast had their eyes on us. I make a face at Riele as her eyebrows wiggle at us.

I turn to face forwards as a hand tugs at my free arm, face to face with a younger teen.

"You guys are from Henry Danger!"

I nod at today's routine saying. It wasn't new for me to be known by everyone else, but it never failed to surprise me each time my name was mentioned by a stranger.

"Can I get a picture with you and Emily?" She grins up at jace as he nods, patiently stepping out of the line as we quickly get on each side, her friend taking  the picture.

We get back in our spot as they take pictures with the others, several times before we managed to get to the front of the line.

I scroll through social media as we wait, separated from each other by twos from metal gates.

My eyes lay on Riele as I shake my phone screen at her, shaking my head at the picture that was on it.

She grins, shrugging innocently as if she hadn't posted what she did.

I show the picture of us to jace, a small smile creeping across his lips as he takes it from my hands, rolling through the comments that only made him smile harder.

"Told you I wasn't the only one that thinks we're perfect together"

"Gross don't be cheesy" I take my phone back from him as he chuckles. Only in time to finally get a chance on the ride.

Around eight the others decided to leave, leading to a short time with just jace and I. Something I was desperately craving all day.

"One more ride and we'll go?"

"Whatever you want princess" his kisses my head as we walk on our own, his arm around my shoulders.

I glance at his face, the lights from the rides reflecting off his features. His eyes set on the oversized ferris wheel.

I feel my nerves build up, but kept my mouth shut. I hated ferris wheels.

The line consisted of only a couple people, causing my hands to get sweaty from my fast heart rate.

We're seated in a cold purple bucket, one with an awning and tacky sparkles within the paint.

It starts it's jerky journey up to the mountainous top. My fingers grip onto the edge of the seat.

Jace moves closer to me, closing the space between us, rubbing my arm with his hand.

He stares forward, not taking my nerves into topic, knowing it'd only make it worse, he pretends like he doesn't feel my trembling body.

My eyes travel out past the edge of the buckets' walls, coming into view with the small, ant-like people mosying along on the ground and the water waving below.

My attention is directed back between us as he squeezes my hand, attempting to get my eyes to meet with him.

"You're fine, Em" he whispers at my nod.

I sigh, resting into his chest in comfortable silence. But the ride jerks to a stop as we near the top. My body jumps up and I look down, but his hands grab onto my arm, pulling me back to him.

"The rides just down, give it a minute"

I lean my stiff body into him once more, relaxing more as i sink into his hold. His face resting on the top of my head.

The air is still, and all the commotion is 160 feet below us. Silence rests over us, his thumb tracing a line on my arm.

"I love you Emily" he whispers.

I don't look at him, I didn't need to. I knew his eyes were still set in stone in front of us out in space.
"I love you too"

His hand shifts to my thighs. I feel his smirk through my skin,

"Have any plans when we get home?"

"Ill leave that up to you- I've been choosing all night"

"Hmm" his fingers find my thigh with his other hand, facing himself to me
"I have pretty good idea"

"What would that be?" I pretend.

"Well, we'll start with this..." His lips meet mine teasingly, as if knowing what he was accomplishing.

"What's next?"

He fingers press into my inner mid thigh, but he sits back into his spot, shrugging,
"You'll see"

My hands grip onto his arms in a panic as the movement from the ride interrupts our moment.

"Hate those thing" I sigh, landing my feet on solid ground as we walk back to the entrance.

"You lived"

"Barely"

His eyes roll. Leaving calm silence to drift between us to the parking garage.

"When did you get your licence?" I open the car door.

"The day I turned sixteen"

"Couldn't wait huh?"

"Could you blame me?" His eyes connect with mine from the drivers side seat.

"No. Id do anything to get out of the city."

"You don't like it here?"

"I love it here. But back home, we lived in the suburbs of Scotland. Nothing like this"

"Do you ever get home sick?"

"Not so much anymore" I shrug, "But yeah, sometimes".

"Well, im glad you're here" he grins, kissing my cold nose as he starts the car to turn on the heat.

"Me too"