Chapter 37

Its been a month, since the last time ive seen Tyler. Tried to make contact with me again, for weeks. But I ignored him for so long that he eventually gave up.

And I hadn't done much since. My parents had caught on, asking me if I needed to see someone. Asking if I were depressed, and I wasn't. Just upset at myself.

°°°°°
I open the front door, a sandwich hanging out of my mouth, a temporary water stain on my sweater.

I grin at the expected smile,
"Hey Rose"

"Hey" she invites herself in.

To make up the time away from drama; I had been hanging out with her more recently.

"I'm almost ready; just let me grab something to drink"

"No problems"
She follows me to the kitchen, her flower scented perfume spreading throughout the room.

I grab an opened water bottle from the fridge, shoving the rest of my sandwich in my mouth, downing the rest of the water and throwing it into the garbage.

I dig through my purse, trying to find my wallet.

"Your parents home?"

"Yeah, they're asleep"

"Late night?" She glances at the clock, noticing it was mid afternoon.

"When they're not working they're getting drunk, so probably" I shrug.

I scribble down on a piece of paper, directing it towards my parents and letting them know where I was going .

"At least they drink together, right?"

"Yeah" i sigh, heading out the door across the street to her house.

I stand outside of her car as she reaches through her front door, grabbing her keys, and leaving without a word to her family.

"This your car?"

"My moms" she unlocks it, getting in.

"She lets you just take it?"

"Pretty much"

The drive to Starbucks was pretty quick within the traffic of a Saturday afternoon.  People scurrying around for their next week's shopping.

We get our coffees, sitting down at a tall table; trying to catch up, something that was much needed for the both of us. But she goes right for him

"So how is the whole thing going with Jace being gone?"

"Well," I hadn't told her about Tyler yet.
"Its fine"

"Just fine?"

"I mean, I miss him..."

"And?"

"And I-messed up"

"With that boy you've been hanging out with?"

My eyebrows raises, confused as to how she knew.

"I see him walking out of your house all the time- well I used to"

"I've cut him off"

"You guys slept together..."