Chapter 29

Two weeks past by in a blink. And pretty soon it'd be back to work. With the last weekend left, every part of me intended to sleep half the day away tomorrow.

Tomorrow was my birthday, but I never really made a big fuss out of it. My parents and I would just sit down together for dinner and that's all that I needed, which was making my parents being gone even harder for me.

I didn't have any intentions on dinner tomorrow, the Normans were almost always out on a Saturday, to include Jace. Which would leave myself, and the stray cat that appears on the porch every now and again.

And despite having most of his memory back by now, I didn't anticipate for jace to remember my birthday, and I hadn't said anything about it. He'd feel bad and choose to make it up to me, in which id rather just keep it nonspontanious.

I wake up the next morning to knock on bedroom door. I curl myself up within the blankets tighter as I hear the door open.

My eyes peek open to the silhouette of jace at the edge of my bed, feeling his eyes trying to meet mine.

I pick up my phone from the side table, glancing at the time and dropping it back down, groaning at the earlyness.

"What's up?" I mumble, burrying myself within the covers once more.

"Get up and get dressed. Dress warm, it's supposed to be cooler out today"

"You're serious?"

"I'm serious"

"Its five in the morning"

"I know, now get up"

I sigh, sitting my body up but remaining still with my eyes closed.

I feel pressure on the side of my bed as his warm breath stuns my neck. He whispers,
"Happy Birthday baby"

Leaving his voice to ring my ears as he leaves the room.

I chuckle quietly to myself, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes and trailing out of the warm sheets to the shower, grabbing a previously used towel from the pile of clothes in the closet.

I sit within the warm water for a while, letting the steam sooth the headache that i felt starting to build up.

But twenty minutes was enough, I get out with the towel wrapped around my body. I walk back to my room, digging through the left over clothes in my suitcase to find a sweater.

I pull myself together, laying back on top of my bed. My eyes feeling heavy once more as a knock on my door echoes from the floor boards.

"Come in" my voice sounds quietly.

Jace peaks in, smiling lightly as he walks to the bed,
"Hey Gorgeous"

"Hey" I smile

"You ready?"

"You gonna tell me where we're going?"

"You gonna ever shut up and let surprises be surprises?"

I shake my head.

"Didn't think so"

"I hate surprises"

"Get used to it"
His lips gently meet my forehead, outstretched hands grab onto mine, pulling me up to his height.
His lips graze my nose as he speaks,
"Go get your shoes on"

I obey. Slipping on some boots, he waits for me as we leave from the hallway, his hand resting on my lower back. He has been oddly touchy since remembering.

He opens his car door for me, keys hitting against the side of the car as he closes it.

My body lightly trembling from the cold change in temperature.

His warm hand rests on my leg on the drive over, over an hour pasts and I become tired. The early morning catching up to me.

I glance over at jace, his eyes stricken to the road and his jaw clinched, inspecting the surrounding traffic.

My head leans against the window, cool from the lack of sun. My eyes close lightly, only feeling as if I could rest them. But the rest of the car ride is missed, I eventually drift off to sleep.

I feel his hand squeeze my thigh, causing my heart to race, jumping out of my sleep.

My eyes open to a brick wall in front of the parked car. I glance around at the surrounding parked cars within the dark room. I meet his smile.

"You got me a, parking garage?"

He chuckles,
"Its the perfect present don't you think?"
He unclicks his seatbelt, opening his door.
"C'mon"

I get out, meeting him at the back of the car as I take his hand, he pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arm around me.

We walk, silently. He leads us to the garages opening. I hear the noises before the sight of multiple rides come into place.

Small ant like bodies walking around a larger sign that read,
"Welcome to Disney Land"

I look over at him, eyes wide.
"No..."

"You said youve never been"

I smile, hugging around his shoulders tightly.

"You like it?"

"Love it"  I grin

"Me too" a voice rang loud.

I jump at the familiarity of it.

I see Riele, grinning and taking in her hug as she tells me happy birthday wishes, followed by many of our other closer cast members behind her.

I make eye contact with Maeve over Sean's shoulder as he gives me a hug. She looks at me, then at the ground, I don't bother to exchange anymore glances with her, and everyone else tries not to make it awkward as they notice.

I cling back to Jaces hand as we get into an elevator to reach ground level.

I loved that everyone was here. But it didn't matter, I just needed him.