Chapter 22

"You guys ready to get going?"

I glance up from folding up the tables scattered across the rooms. Watching Riele as she throws the remaining trash in the trashcan.

We impulsively gather together, heading for the car as the last lights of the building are shut off.

After parting our ways with Dan and Sean, they head back home towards la. Getting back with the product officers.

Walking back out into the humid air, we find our way back to our car, one of the only ones remaining within the empty lot.

Getting in on the other side of Riele, we sit silently within the warm interior.
I hum lightly to the lyrics of a recent favorite as is flows quietly through the speakers.

But our body's all flinch as the yells from Cooper bounces off the car walls. The lyrics rolling off his lips as if he listened to it everyday.

We smile, as in perfect timing as two of the three between us join in. Making the car ride breeze by with a heavy stomach and a hard headache.

Arriving at the hotel, we didn't waste much time socializing with another. All exhausted from the long day.

I sigh into my sheets, sinking into the bed and letting my stiff back settle.

"How was the show?" Maeve glances between Riele and I for an answer.

"It was good" Riele answers for us.

"I heard about you and jace" her watch locks on me.

"How?.."

"Social media- it's everywhere"

I nod, unwilling to hold a conversation with her.

Moving onto changing, I pull on some simple shorts and a sweatshirt, getting myself ready to sleep, looking forward to being able to sleep in tomorrow.

I stand aginst the bathroom counter, brushing my teeth as the knocks on the door abrupt the room. There's stillness in the room. Causing me to sigh, walking over to open it myself.

"Hey"
Im met with a familiar smile. My favorite smile.

"Hi Jace" I leave the door open to him, walking back to the bathroom to rinse.

I meet him on my bed, he sits on the edge of it. Waiting for me to sit down next to him.

He lightly brushes my leg with his finger, talking lightly to avoid having the others join in.
"Can I, talk to you in my room for a minute?"

I glance over nervously; catching Maeves smirk at the words that had reached her ears. Before responding.
"Sure..."

I wait until we enter the quiet room, I sit on the empty, made bed.
"Did something happen?"

I sit in stone, watching the confused look spread across his face. Slightly easing away the nerves built up in the thought of him changing his mind of what he started today between us.

"Do you wanna hang out here tonight? Until you're ready for bed, its kind of quiet without Sean here; feels weird being by myself"

"Yeah of course"

I watch as he gets in his bed, pulling back the covers besides him, implying for me to move next to him.

As I pull the covers over me, I take out my phone from my sweatshirt pocket; knowing there wasnt ever much to watch on hotel tv's.

But as the movie goes on, I doze in and out, feeling the phone starting to slip from my hand everytime my eyes close.

"You tired already?" He chuckles, lightly brushing his fingers through my hair.

"Long day" I mummble.

"Yeah, I get it." His voice hints raspiness. Slightly tired himself.

"Im gonna head back." My head tilts up, pecking his cheek before pushing the covers off me. Taking the warmth within the blankets with.

"Wait" His fingers wrapped around my wrist gentally, I turn to make eye contact with his tired, pleadful eyes.
"Stay here tonight"

"Everyone's gonna get the wrong idea if I do Jace"

"Let them" he shrugs, watching as I debate it hesitantly.
"Please."

"Alright"

He smiles; lightly trailing a raspy "Good" through the room.

He pulls me down; settling the blankets back over the both of us, tucking his arm around my body and pulling me close to him.

"I want this every night" he whispers.

"Me too."

My voice trails off to the silent room. Neither of us speaking again that night.

Sleep overcomes the silence, and throughout it all, it's all I'd want.