Chapter 10

On my walk home I admire the clouds. Grey humidity swept the city. I envied those clouds. The way they could let go whenever they need to; just for people like me to admire it.
Something that I could ever do.

I open my unlocked front door. Not hesitating inside before going up to my room.

I take a shower, hoping to wash my emotions away, but an hour later nothing seemed to escape my mind.

When I dry off, I put on the same clothes. Jaces clothes.

And I knew it wasnt the best idea.

I head downstairs, calling after my parents.

I walk into kitchen "Mom?"
But no answer.

I glance at the granite counter, seeing a lined piece of paper, a note.

Your father has a business trip and wanted me to come along. We will be back Sunday night. Your sister will stop by from her dorm tomorrow around noon to check in on you. Hope you got the part! Let us know everything Sunday!
We love you!
Mom and dad <3

I glance at the clock. Then at the door. I needed time to let things go.

I arrive at the beach, my toes sinking in the sand as I look around. Empty this time of night.

I sit down in the sand, my knees aginst my chest I sit for what feels like hours.

Until the rain starts. Sprinkling slowly, but picking up. Causing the sand to spread away from me. Piercing my skin. The hardest I've seen it rain.

But I continue to sit there anyway.
The cooled air hits my skin, making me shiver. But I stay still. Silent.

"Emily" A loud voice behind me attempted to over talk the sound of rain falling and waves crashing.

I sigh and close my eyes, letting a tear escape.

The voice hurting every time I thought about it.

"What are you doing out here?" He stands in front of me.

I look up at him. Dreaded eye contact. His jeans and sweatshirt clinging to his body, soaked.

I shake my head, resting my head on my knees.

"Emily come on" Jace held out his hand to help me up.

But I just look at it, shaking my head.

"Fine. We don't have to leave. But at least let me explain"

He sits down next to me, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Look, Maeve; shes crazy okay? There wasnt ever any texts. I feel horrible, I shouldn't have let you go without knowing the truth. You have to believe me when I tell you, I'd never do something like that to you"

"No" I shake my head.

"I love you Emily"

"No. You dont. Look, I don't want to assume things of you but I dont trust her."

"So trust me"

I hesitate,watching the sand.

"Please."

I nod.

He stands. Offering his hand again.

I take it this time, brushing off the sand on my pants.

He brings me under the pier. Blocking the rain slightly.

"Im sorry" He speaks

I shrug. Watching his lips.

I wanted him. His lips, his hugs, him. Everything. But I was so mad.

He wipes my face with his thumbs, wiping away the makeup running down my face from the rain.

I slowly wrap my arms around his neck.

"I think I forgive you" I speak.

He leans closer to my body, lingering his lips on my neck.

I feel his arms wrapping around me, his fingers pushing on my waist.

He lifts me, wrapping my legs around him. Putting my lips onto his.

He smirks, causing me to pull back. I look at him with a question on my face.

"That bra looks good on you"

I looked down at the white, see through shirt that clung wet to my body. My black bra showing through it.

I bit my lip in embarrassment and looked at Jace until I cracked a smile.

"Don't do that" He kisses.

"Do you think your parents would mine you coming over for tonight?"
I smile, running my fingers over his wet hair. "My parents aren't home until Sunday"

"My parents aren't home either. So no, they won't mind."

I smile as he sets me down, pulling his grey sweatshirt off his body.

"What are you- Put that back on its freezing out."

"You need it more than I do, trust me."

I watch his naked torso as he tosses it to me.

I shed my clinging tshirt, playfully tossing it on Jaces following eyes.

I put his sweatshirt over me. Putting the hood over my dripping hair.

"You ready?"

"We're running aren't we."

He nods. I huff. I'd really rather not.

We run back to my house, my bare feet splashing in the muddy water in my back yard.

I wipe off my feet on the mat next to Jaces shoes.

We walk upstairs, being in front of Jace, when I reach my room, I sigh, falling back on my bed.

He walks up behind me, leaning over me. Putting his lips on mine.

I wrap my legs around his warm torso, resting my hands on him.

He pulls me up to stand in front of him.

"I'll take this back" he teases, pulling his sweatshirt off of me.
He throws it to other side of the bed. His long fingers pull at the string of the sweat pants, watching them puddle to my feet. Absentmindedly I kick it to the side, my mouth not leaving his.

Pulling away, he runs his hands up and down my back.
"Youre so damn beautiful, you know that?"

I nod. Pressing his warm skin aginst the cold of mine.

He took over, knowing what he was doing. I hadnt ever done anything remotely close, feeling obligated to just go along with it.

In the time of my thought process Jace had shed his jeans and moved us to my bed.

I smiled, crawling on top of him and straddled his torso. The warm soft sheets tempting my day.

"I think it's time to loose these" He tugs at the top of underwear with his finger.

I run my fingers down his toned body. Taking in what was about to happen.

He unclips my bra with one hand, his other resting on my back.

"Wait"

"What?"

"Do you have a condom"

He laughs, watching me.

"What?"

He shakes his head, "Yes, I have one"

I hesitate.

"Hey, stop worrying. Everythings fine. Okay?"

"...Okay"

That night was different. Different in a way that I didnt know it was going to turn my life upside down until much later.