Chapter 11

My eyes open to the soft sounds of heavy breathing. Jaces arm wrapped around my sheet covered waist.

I push off the sheets and gentally manage to pull myself from within the blankets.

I shuffle to the bathroom and shut the door carefully. Turning on the warm water from the rusted shower head, I watch in the mirror. Standing in underwear I inspect the flaws in myself. But why?

I step over the metal gaurd into the shower, the memorise of last night sinking in. The traces of his touch still there. He was my first.

I wrap my towel around me, pulling open the window to let the humid steam out.

I open the door to be face to face with Jace, naked with boxers, leaning aginst the door frame.

"You scared me" I huff

"Sorry " Pulling me to him he grins, but I walk myself around him, my fingers gripping to my towel.

I walk to my closet, going into the small space and closing the door behind me.

I skim through my clothes, planning on dressing nice, but managing to only find a tanktop. I push it over my head and slip on a pair of sweatpants, the strings matching the white of my tanktop.

I open the door with a towel around my head, finding him dressed in his clothes from yesterday, rubbing his hand over his face and glaring down at his phone.

"Everything okay?"

He tosses his phone in the mix of the sheet "Yes"

My eyebrows raise, setting my brush down on the dresser next to me.

"You can tell me you know" I sit next to him.

"Nothings wrong" He gestures me to sit on his lap.

I hesitate to, but agree to his offer, resting my hands on the back of his neck.

I lean Into him, but he pulls away, dodging my lips from his.

My expression shows hurt and confusion, he was regretting last night and everything in me knew. I sigh at him.

"Whats wrong?

He responds with silence. I get up and watch him.

"Jace?"

But silence. My glance shifts to his phone on the bed, piecing the pieces together.

"Give me your phone"

"Why" His eyebrows raise in confusion.

"Because something on it is bothering you"

"Emily-"

"Do you trust me?"

"Its not about trust"

I watch his fingers scavenge for his phone in the mix of the blankets. Once he manages to find it, it's shoved into the pocket of his sweatshirt.

I place myself onto the same place in his lap, forcing his eyes to meet mine with a stare.

"You said you loved me?"

"Please don't start this-"

"No Jace. You said you did. Was it the truth, or not?"

His voice drops down into such a low whisper, barely making out what he was saying.

"Yes"

"Then you tell me what's wrong"

He sits still as I reach to his pocket for his phone. He lets me without a fight, letting out a small sigh.