Chapter 24

"I thought your parents were coming home at eight?"

"Theyre running a little late" I mummble, switching on my phone to check the time. Almost ten thirty.

I rest my head back on Jaces lap, Rose sprawled out across the floor below us as we each focus our attention on the movie filming across the screen.

The ringing of my home phone sounds from the kitchen. I exchange looks with the two of them before dragging myself up from the couch. Isolating myself through the kitchen doors.

"Hi mom"

"Hey Em. How are things
going?"

"Fine"

"Your dad and I won't be home
until tomorrow. The delivering
port was further then we thought.
It's too late to drive home."

"Oh, okay."

"Will you be okay alone tonight?
I can call your sister and see-"

"I'm fine mom"

"Alright, let me know if you
change your mind."

"Goodnight."

"Night."

I set the phone back on the port.
Pulling myself over back to that couch.

"What was that about?"

"Just my parents," I sigh "not gonna be home until tomorrow"

"You gonna be okay here alone?"

"No. But, you can't stay. You wouldn't be allowed to. Rose is here anyway, I wont be alone."

He nods, focusing his attention back at the tv.

"What time do you have to be home?"

"I should probably get going soon" he sighs lightly as i sink into his hold more, not wanting to feel the gap between us.

"Im assuming you'll be over tomorrow? you guys seem the type to be up each others butt"

I glance at Roses grin as she speaks, then back at him for a hopeful answer to her question.

He shakes his head,
"I have to be at the studio, I wouldn't want to ruin your guys's time anyway"

He stands. I frown at the emptiness besides me as he dissapeares to the front door, waiting for me to follow before he leaves.

I leave the movie on as Rose remains in her spot. I bring myself to him as he opens the front door.

"Call me if you need anything okay? I can be here in two minutes" his eyes pierce mine as I chuckle lightly.

"I'll be fine"

He hesitates, leaving a light kiss on my forehead as he leaves through the front door.

I crack it back open, calling goodnight and watching him pull out of my driveway into the dark suburb roads of my busy neighborhood.