Chapter 32

I woke up to an empty bed that morning. The sun rise blinding me through the curtains, almost forcing me to get up.

We had another two hours before we had to leave for the studio. Something in me was so eager to go. I was homesick for it.

I bring my body out of the warm blankets, my bare legs covered by a large sweatshirt. I stand solid next to the bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as a girls voice sifts from the cracked door. My eyebrows furrow, his parents should be at work by now. 

I slowly climb down the stairs. His back faces me as he talks through a large cap in the front door

My heart sinks with relief at the no longer feeling of the unknown. My feet reach main level as I rest my hand on shoulder, he doesn't flinch. I rest my eyes on the blonde headed girl on the other side of the door. Her face reflected to be just a few years older than us. But her business suit covered most of it. Jealousy seeped through me like water.

Jace notices my glare stiffening on her, jumping to conclusions. He stammers,

"E-Emily this is my agent; Casey. Casey, Emily"

"His girlfriend" I push.

He chuckles lightly at the ground, his hand resting on my lower back.
"My girlfriend" he lightly mumbles.

"Nice to, meet you" she shifts awkwardly.

"So, um" he clears his throat "they'll have an opportunity there then?"

"Yeah" she snaps out of it, rustling through her bag to pull out papers, handing a decent stack to him.
"Let me know when you finish reading them, we'll get stuff settled for you out there in Vancouver."

"Vancouver?" My eyebrows knit together.

"Um, have a nice day, you two"
Casey removes herself from the situation, strutting back to her decent car. I turn to Jace for answers.

He sighs, shutting the door, he glances at my eyes for only a split second before mumbling,
"We need to talk"

He walking into the livingroom; I follow on his heal, confusion and rage building up inside me,
"You think?"

He stops the papers down on the coffee table, causing them slightly spread from one another.

"You don't need to start getting all mad" he states "this will be easier for the both of us if you just listen."

My eyebrows relax, my heart starting to sink,
"Did I do something wrong?"

"What? No I'm not-" he sighs "Just sit down."

I do what I'm told, he places himself next to me. His hood frames his face as he sits leaned over on the couch. He looks at me, opening his mouth to say something, but closes it before it can come out. He sighs, uneasy about what he's about to say.

"I'm going to Canada"

"Huh?" My body relaxes lightly, only stiff with confusion.

"I have to stay with my brother in Canada for a little while"

"That's it? You scared the crap out of me" I sigh.

"Its for six months, Em"

"Why?"

"My parents are leaving for a while. They want me to stay with him"

"You can't just stay here by yourself?"

"Guess not."

"Well, what about work I mean, you just got back?"

"I'm getting part time jobs for the time being. Commercials and things"

"That's why Casey was here..."

He nods.

"What about the show?"

"It'll be on hold until I get back"

"Why can you just stay with Sean?"

"I don't know"

"Well, how long have you known about this?"

He locks his eyes with the creases of his pants, quietly he mumbles,
"About a year"

I instantly grow irritated,
"And I'm just now finding out about it?"

"I didn't know how to tell you-"

"Seems like you're doing just fine right now"

"I knew you were going to do this"

"I wouldn't do this if you would have just told me a while ago"

He stops me with forceful eyes. I sigh,
"When are you leaving"

"Three weeks" he speaks softly.

"I can't go six month without you, Jace"

"I'll call you every night, FaceTime, whatever you need. We'll make it work"

I nod slightly, my face stone cold of emotion, staring off into space.

"I have to go get ready for rehearsal."
I stand, my legs feeling like jelly as I float up the stairs. I rest myself on the bed, my legs dangling from the high bed frame.

I sigh into the covers, not wanting to remove myself from the enviroment. I hopelessly felt like nothing. My energy evaporating from my body.

I stay floating until, a reminder passed by minutes later, I had a place to be. I slip on my comfy clothes, allowing myself to be a mess. I make my way back down stairs, lifelessly dragging myself out to the car, already started.

I get into the passenger side, not speaking a word. He looks over at me, wanting to do something, but doesn't.

Nobody speaks at all.

working with jace {jace norman}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara