Chapter 12

Tying the string of my black bikini top, I follow it up with a light blue tshirt.

Growing up, I was around models for the company my sisters friends were in. She was supposed to be with them, but bailed for school to be an assistant director in San Francisco.

Being around them forced me to want to be like them my whole life. I've been in shape for as long as I could remember. I had a nice body, I knew I did. But being self consious can creep out of anyone. And at the moment, it was devouring me.

I trudge downstairs into the empty house. The cooled crossbreeze whipping throughout and the smell of sand and salt. California was growing on me.

I sit down on the couch, buying some time as Jace went back to his house to change.

Flipping through the DVR, I find the episodes I had recorded of Henry Danger. Starting from season one, I managed to get in every episode from there in the past week.

I remained on the last episode of season two. The last one in which the start of season three would have my face in it.

I fast forward through the commercials as I near the end. Ten more minutes of it and Jace was just getting back.

The knock on my front door was downed out by the tv, making it faint.

"Come in!" I shout through it.

He walks into the livingroom, knee length swimming trunks, tossing his tshirt on the arm of the couch.

"Oh hey, is this the last episode of the season?"

"Yeah. About ten minutes left if you just wanna watch it before we go"

He nods and sits down next to me. His eyes barely make it to the screen for two minutes before I start talking.

"Is it weird? Seeing yourself on tv"

"You grow used to it, but yeah. Just to think there are thousands of people watching you all at the same time."

"Yeah, not so sure how I feel about that."

"You'll get used to it."

As the ending credits roll through, I push the power button on the remote, making my way to the back door with Jace behind me.

I open the screen door, for it to slam back shut in my face at the feeling of hands on my waist from behind, stopping me.

"What?" I speak, grabbing almost forgotten towels off the counter next to me.

"Just haven't reminded you how beautiful you are in a while"

Being turned away from him covered up the redness of my face at the expense of not seeing the cute low smile he has plastered across his.

He tugs at the bottom of my shirt for a response, but I just shake my head and watch out the door at the crowd of people minuvouring back and forth in different directions in the sand.

I open the door, containing myself from emotions. Hearing the door close behind us.

We walk through the mix of sand and grass out to the pure warm beige sand.

Finding a spot on the crowded beach, I lay out Jaces towel next to mine.

Between a half an hour time frame of begging to get into the water from Jaces side, and begging to lay out with me from mine.

We compromised. My wet body beaded with water as I lay out in the sun. My tangled wet hair mixed with sand lay sprawled out above me.

Jace lays next to me as the ding of his phone fills in with the crowded commotion. I look over at him as he sits up, picking up his phone from under my tshirt.