Chapter Six- Overnight Frustration

Turning on the faucet to the shower, I looked to the water as if it was my answer. Almost getting mad that it wasn't. But as the water touched my skin I forgave it and smirked on the silly thoughts. I contemplated my decision between Chase and Vincent. Once more, in a position between love and lust. But I noticed how this time with Vincent wasn't lustful. It was sexually charged for sure but not carnal-not heated or sexual-just he truly wanted to be with me. No more contract billionaire or the man who just broke my heart?

Before I could think anymore, Chase slid in the shower behind me and tried to have a quick encounter before I jumped out and locked myself in the bedroom. His touch made me sick now. Knowing he touched her that way. The photographs broke me so hard that even smelling his cologne or hearing his voice brought me to tears.

"What is it? Are you alright?" He called through the door as I sat on the bed in complete agony. I masked my tears by turning on the television before slowly getting dressed. When I finished, I took my phone in my hand and entered Vincent's number in my phone under BOSS that way if it were to be discovered, nobody would suspect anything. Especially Lisa. Although she was probably on her honeymoon now...

"Talk to me. What did I do?" It took all I had to remain quiet but I channeled my inner actress and exited the room with a tall neck and stiff eyes. Adding a smile.

"You scared me." I almost sounded like a robot and noticed I needed to trim my acting. I made my way to the kitchen before noticing he was only wearing a towel that was only being held up by his fist.

"Sorry, I thought you were upset."

"Of course not. Had a long day. Dealing with money and customers."

"You sure love that place don't you?"

"Yeah." I realized then why. It was a gift from Vincent. The only thing I had from him that was secretly mine. It was like having an affair without having to worry about being caught. Or doing drugs and each hit not being dangerous but the thrill was still there. I smiled knowing why I wanted it. Why I loved the place so much. Was that my answer then? Was Vincent the one?

"So there's something we need to talk about..."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I had the meeting with the board and they said they would give me an extra thousand a week to continue to work there instead of leaving."

"Wow..."

"But I didn't want to just stay."

"I don't mind staying. I realized how much I'd miss this place."

"You sure?"

I nodded as everything in my gut and head went off like sirens. "Of course you want to stay, to continue your little affair." My mind thought as I turned from him and he came up behind me. Wrapping his hand around my stomach, I moved back.

"What is up with you?"

"I'm not in the mood?"

"Since when? You always are."

I scowled.

"I'm just not. If you want go out with the guys or something."

"Fine. I will." He said before going in the back room and slamming the door. He came out a few moments later dressed fancy casual if that is a thing and exited without a word before he returned a few moments later. "Don't wait up." Before I could respond, he was gone. My heart sank. Not because he left but because I knew it was for her...to stay for her, to go see her...the girl that made him happy. If he was gonna have fun-so was I.

I got dressed in my tightest top and jeans before throwing a sweatshirt over my shoulders and heading to the docks. Moving on the wooden platform, I felt dizzy. I never favored aquatic activities but knowing my happiness was on the other end of one of the platforms made it worth it. I looked and found his boat he spoke of at the end. Red and white. Beautiful and the biggest one there.

"Are you here?" I called out before I heard someone on deck run to the side where I was.

"You're here..." He said almost not believing it. "Holy hell, you're here... I can't believe it..." He said as he came close to me and grabbed me into a hug before inhaling my perfume-not caring if I noticed.

"Yeah."

"Didn't we agree tomorrow?"

"I could leave..."

"No." He said fast. "I don't want you to. Not again."

I smiled before he showed me around the ship. It was truly breathtaking. Especially the master bedroom. It was gold and white and spacious and beautiful.

"Why are you here?" He asked as I took in the surroundings.

"To give you an answer."

He looked to my hand to see I had still been wearing Chase's ring before hanging his head. "I see." He looked back to me before moving away.

"Do you think I came here to say I can't come here?" I asked before suddenly his expression changed.

"You mean-"

"I don't know what I want or who but I do know right now...I need this. I need that feeling I get when I'm around you."

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear that."

"You have no idea how long I've wanted this." I whispered back and he came closer to me.

"You are quite the vixen Adelaide. You made me incredibly agitated that night. That dance..." He paused. "Why did you do that?"

"To give you a taste of your own medicine. Since you always teased me."

"But I always followed through."

"Who said I was done." I teased back as I pushed him on the edge of the bed before dancing before him. Slowly unbuttoning my top just enough to see my undergarments, he breathed hard before he ran his hand up my leg and squeezed my butt. I squirmed before shaking my finger in his face telling him no.

"God, you're evil." He said as he shifted where he sat. I couldn't help but enjoy the moment before seeing just how excited he was. Suddenly, I had a rush of lustful emotion before turning and dressing. I then felt ashamed.

"What is it?" He asked as he came down to me.

"I don't want to be like him. Do what he's doing."

"We aren't. He's doing it because he's lustful. We are doing this because we love each other. Unless you don't anymore." Before I could respond, a loud crash was heard on the boat. He quickly jumped up and ran before yelling to someone who shot back and ran off. I followed up to see it had just been some kids.

"What are you doing?"

"Letting you back on land. I'm gonna go to the island."

"I'm coming with you." He smirked as I realized how desperately I wanted to do so much more than just go with him...