Chapter Twenty Six- Timing

Time quickly turned into a living hell as I sat across from Chase at the fancy restaurant. How did I not see before how incompatible we were. He wanted the shellfish and caviar while I wanted my feet up and a glass of white wine while watching either Outlander or Game of Thrones or something nerdy. I missed my time away with Vincent and made sure I reminded myself of his touches, just to muster some kind of smile.

When the night ended, we came home and Chase decided he was in the mood. To not raise suspicion, I agreed and allowed him to do what he wished before trying to stop him. But he placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me sweetly.

"I love you. I would never hurt you. You're my wife, and my true love. I can't live without you." I closed my eyes as a single tear fell from my cheek.

This continued for months. Three to be exact. I had been sick of the same routine and when I felt this way, I would arrange to see Vincent and we would be together once more. Most of the time, discussing our lives outside of this place-outside of now, of the circumstances. I would then return home to the man I loathed and would sleep with him. Not because I desired him, but to keep up appearances. But one night, as he had me on the bed, he held my arms down and I felt sick. I jolted up and ran to the bathroom and unleashed a loud hurl. I held my own hair back as Chase couldn't handle moments such as that. He closed the door as I continued to get sick three more times before wiping my mouth and brushing my teeth before moving out of the bathroom.

"Are you alright?" He asked genuinely concerned.

I nodded before he moved with a smile before going to try again. "Are you joking?" I asked before he turned his head and shook it. "No. We haven't been together since last night, I miss you."

"There are other ways to bond." I said as I stormed to the living room and felt sick once more. I decided it was best to stay in the bathroom. As I leaned against the cold bathroom wall, I thought of Vincent. My fingers danced on the screen as they always did when it came to him before I eventually sent him a text that he never replied to-at least in the time I was awake.