Chapter Thirty One- Falling Petals

Standing at a funeral is a lot like standing at a graduation-the emotional aspect of it. You suddenly get a freedom but then an unnerving fear following immediately after. Almost as if you don't know what to do next. I held the pile of dirt in my hand before throwing it on top of the caskett and Vincent did the same. I held him tight as our friends surrounded us and I cried for the man who was being buried six feet under.

His stone that labeled his position bore just his name as the law officials knew what his last moments consisted of. The townsfolk saw him as a hero, someone smart and intelligent, as I saw him as the most sinful and demonic being I had ever known. Chase Locke. I wiped away the tears to keep the facade of the grieving widow before being taken away in Vincent's car. He stayed with me for the time I was "grieving" as we discussed what life would be like now. The apartment Chase and I shared was put up for sale and I moved in with Vincent as he finally got his business off the ground.

We often kept in touch with Lisa, Jason, and a now-physically disabled Mitch. He had given his life and for that, is considered a hero to us. He became paralyzed when the bullet moved through his stomach and hit his spinal cord just right that it severed the nerves. He has his good days, and his bad. And I can assure you hasn't changed one bit as each nurse he comes across knows of his womanizing ways. I hope one day he can settle down and be happy with someone-but some people are just not meant to marry...

Speaking of marriage, as we waited for the police to gather evidence against Earon as he was alive at the time of this, Vincent held my hand close before walking me into to the greenhouse-away from the lights and the police.

"Marry me." He demanded before taking a piece of paper from his jacket. "It's the last thing I will demand as your dominant." He took a lighter from his pocket and it was revealed the set of papers was our contract. He lit the bottom corner and set it in the basket.

I nodded slowly before we kissed one another and took the moment as our own. Not caring about the police or the lights or having to be questioned. We just needed one another. And now we would truly become one. I could just imagine if our wedding story were to be told as true and the dominant and submissive jokes we would get. It made me smirk at the thought.

As for Alex, he found someone else...Nicole, from the diner. Carly and him didn't speak again as the only thing they shared was the same memories. I never knew if Chase actually had an affair, but suggesting the girl who was in ruins at his funeral, I placed the elements together...

The diner, as you may know it by now, has become a raging success. We are opening stores to go along with it and other shops all over the world. Vincent helps me with the business aspect of it all as we spend each "private" moment in each other's arms. Even though he burned the contract, he still does demand a lot. As for the events that almost tore us apart for life, he only has a scar and I have the nightmares. But the child we now share, which as I'm sure you are wondering was fully his, has become our greatest blessing. I swear he is the most spoiled little boy of them all. We named him Mitchell after the man who, without him, he wouldn't have existed.

I think back to the moments of the past years and contemplate it all. I think about the first time meeting him, the craziness that was his fake death, reconnecting with him, knowing he was it...marrying him, Mitchell, and as for what is to come...I guess only time will tell...

Most people look to Vincent Chadwick as the billionaire who has the most perfect physique, but I know him as my dominant, maybe not legally...but I know the things his eyes have seen. I know the words his lips have spoken. And more than anything, I know he is capable of love...

Vincent Chadwick was my friend, then lover, then enemy. Turned into my dominant and finally my husband. And no matter what life throws at us, he always dominates me. It is something I've had to get used to.... Speaking of which, he is doing now...

Signing off. Going to be tied up for some time, hope to write again soon...xo, Ade....

THE END

*THOUGHTS?