Chapter Nineteen- Gestures

My legs continued to quiver even after he dropped me off that following morning. A block from the apartment-just to be safe, and leaving with a passionate kiss, an idiotic smile was etched on my face until I entered the apartment. My body was rushed with guilt. I knew my feelings for Vincent, but was unsure where Chase fit in....

The door pushed open quite quickly by my hand as I discovered rose petals sprawled on the floor. I followed the path they were created in and found an unconscious Chase asleep on the kitchen table. A full dinner was arranged romantically on the table with now cold food and candles in which one had blown out. I awoke him just to put him to bed and found he had a radio playing soft old music in the room. I shut it off before cleaning up the mess and going to bed myself.

I awoke early in the morning with the feeling of a sensual pleasure between my legs. I soon found it was Chase. My breathing was already quick and I realized how much I desired his touch in that moment. I moaned as he smirked and pushed harder, making my hand push down harder on his. Biting my lip, to attempt to be more quiet, he chuckled into my ear before helping me find my release I so desperately desired. My jaw hurt from how much it had been strained in the past few days.

As it finished, I began to sob. From feeling immense guilt in my gut. He wrapped his arm around me and I pushed him away-stating how much I didn't deserve him. The images of the romantic dinner he planned stuck in my head as he kissed my neck and cheek.

"Why not?"

"Promise me you've never lied to me."

"What is it you think I have?"

"I saw photographs of you with some girl-"

He rolled his eyes before jumping up and taking my face into his hands. "Miranda. Her name is Miranda Samuels. Dean Samuel's daughter. He paid me to tutor her but she thought other things. Would dress sensually, try to make advances-but I love you and turned her down each time. But one night she surprised me with a kiss. One I was too shocked to realize it was happening...when it did, I pushed her off."

Suddenly, it all made sense. Vincent did all this just to make me his submissive again. And I loathed him for it. Chase was a good guy-but I let my lust win over..again.

"You thought I was cheating on you? I would never." He said as he pulled me in for a hug. "I love you too damn much."

As he held me in his grasp, I felt so incredibly guilty. Tears poured down my cheeks as he believed I was just hurt from his potential affair-if only he knew the truth, but I was glad he didn't...