Chapter Sixteen- Each Second

Something made me uneasy as I tried to sleep. Tossing and turning was an old phrase. I was more like a fish out of water. Chase was sleeping beside me, snoring as usual-as I worried-as usual. My mind was configuring all the horrid things that could be happening to Vincent as I slept beside the man he despised. It made me incredibly terrified as I was unaware what to do...where to go...

I slid from the bed and took the robe from the chair and wrapped it around myself before remembering teasing Vincent and smirking at the thought. My long hair cascaded down my back as I could feel the weight against the silk dressing. Suddenly, my phone buzzed in my pocket. My heart leaped as I read the name on the screen.

Dom.

I became ecstatic before going into the hall and answering it. Although he was talking in a low whisper, I could tell it was him. My heart was dancing like a little girl at her first dance recital. I began shaking as I heard his voice as my hand went over my mouth to quiet my sobs.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes." He said out of breath. "I am somewhere damp and cold. I've been trying to get reception for days."

"How did you get it?"

"Same way you get wifi without access...hacking."

"I learn new things about you each day." I said smirking as he chuckled before suddenly his tone changed.

"I don't have much time. But I want you to know you will stay safe. I am promising them a large sum to release me. I don't know who wants me captive but they surely do...I don't know what they plan but they promised they wouldn't hurt you if I paid."

"Let me pay them then."

"No. Only I can. Jase is already doing it as we speak."

"Are you saying you called him first?"

He chuckled. "I had to. To keep you safe..."

"I wish you were here." I said as I sighed and he sighed as well.

"I wish I was there doll. I miss you so terribly and just want to kiss you again. Caress your skin once more...Never deny me that." He demanded and I smirked.

"Yes, Sir."

He growled before his voice became lower. "I must go. It's so cold here. I can constantly hear rodents and smell oil...it's all I can give you. Adel-" Before he could continue, the signal cut and although I called out to him, there was no response. I held the phone in my grasp as tears rolled down my cheeks before calling Jace and Lisa to pick me up. I filled them in before leaving a message on the apartment machine telling Chase how there was a problem at the cafe with a stealing waitress. That would give me the time I needed to find Vincent and hopefully know for sure that he is alright...