Chapter Twenty Nine- Quiet Echoes

"I just want to know one thing, in complete honesty." Chase asked as he pointed the gun to Vincent, placing it right under his chin. "Was she worth your life?"

Vincent looked back to me and cocked his head up to Chase. "More than a war, more than a sacrifice, more than anything."

"I hope so, because you are dying because of her.."

My tears burned from the tears as I found a true hate lingering in heart. "I will never forgive you for this. This child will never know you as a father-no matter what the paternity test says!" I screamed as I begged for him to have mercy on the child's possible father. I held my stomach or at least tried to as I was tied down before he moved the gun at me.

"I guess I could just shoot you. If that child isn't mine-I'll do it anyway.."

"You are a psychopath." Vincent scolded before looking at me. "I love you, Adelaide." He said as loud as his voice could muster. "Forever, and always. I loved each second of my life with you and would never take it back even if it would mean ending up here. I would have rather loved you for the three years I did then never know your love at all. I loved each time you scratched at my back and moaned in my ear, each time I made you see what true love and satisfaction was-"

I blinked for just a moment as the shot rang off. Suddenly I felt my humanity leave me as I saw Vincent shift in his seat as he looked to me and he lingered for the moments he had before his eyes batted quick and his gaze was permanent on the ground.

"Vincent?" I called out light at first before screaming his name and Chase froze as if the moment he caused truly struck him. Mitch watched in awe as well as Earon before I noticed as I watched Vincent, as his chest was still moving. The pulse in his neck was still going and as Earon and Chase turned, Mitch smiled to me and mouthed; "Everything will be alright." But as I started to think so, the gun was on the back of my spine. The cold breath of the man I once admired was hard against my ear.

"I hope each time you f****d him it was worth it, because I'm going to f*** you one last time...but not pleasing for you my dear........" He let out a chuckle before I saw how Mitch was gone. Then from the shadows, appeared a barrel of a gun against Chase's temple.

"You're gonna let the lady go..."

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Ending this. Once and for all."

"You were on our side."

"No. Although I have hurt him, Vincent has always been the better man. He deserved for someone to have his back...and his woman's."

"And you let me shoot him?"

He hung his head. "I will have no problem shooting you...put the gun down!"

As he lowered the gun, suddenly he turned and as he went to shoot at me, Mitch grabbed the gun and pulled it in the opposite direction-causing it to hit Earon. He held his stomach as he fell to the ground. One down-one to go...

I watched in awe as the scene unfolded. One would knock the gun out of the other one's hand and then the other would shoot out at the other before one would get punched or kicked. Their faces appeared to be like someone had taken sandpaper across them for hours. Their eyes were swollen or lips were busted and just as Mitch got a shot in, Chase grabbed the gun and hit him in the side of the head. His vision was knocked blurry as he scattered in his walk, moving downward. The gun went off once more-Chase and Mitch both looked at one another with wide eyes before Mitch fell back against the glass of the greenhouse.