Chapter Twenty Three- Plots and Plans

"What are we gonna do?" I asked Vincent as I raised my head from his shoulder and stared at the phone in my grasp. The message looked at me as if I was supposed to know what to say or do next. My stomach felt sick as well as my head. What was I to do? I was married to him...I had to go home to him...The thought made me shift in my seat-not in a good way.

"You need to stay with him." Vincent said with a great amount of reluctance before looking to me for a nod.

"Are you crazy?! He's a potential serial killer and you want me to stay with him?"

"He would never hurt you, he could have by now and he didn't."

It was technically true although he did try to force himself onto me...The thought came and went in a single shivered memory.

"I can't be alone with him."

"You won't be. I'll come when he leaves for work. Call into the dinner. I'll make sure they cover your shifts and I'll count the tolls and get the inventory counted."

"I'd feel better being away from home." I said in all honesty.

"I don't want you working-he could come see you at any time and do God knows what. I want to protect you."

"Can't you do one of your stalkery things?"

"Stalkery?"

"Yeah, how you always seemed to know what I was doing?"

"That's just luck in timing darling. But I can be there when he leaves."

"I insist on working. It won't draw suspicion."

He nodded and sighed. "If you insist. Although, I'm not happy about it."

"You never are." I teased before he surprisingly grabbed my chin and kissed me hard but quick.

"I thought I'd never get to do that again-please forgive me." He said as he wiped his lip and I did the same.

"I didn't mind." I teased before slowly moving away from him. I kissed his lips sweetly before he took me to his car.

"We'll be safe about this...Just text me when he leaves for work-but make sure he has everything-including his phone."