Epilogue..

"I think you two have some explaining to do." Emmet stated when Georgiana and Jasper returned, arm in arm.

"Do we." Georgiana remarked, but a secret smile lit up her face.

Bella noticed then that Georgiana was the woman who simply belonged to Jasper. Not only because no other man would be strong enough dealing with someone like her, but also because only she could capture Jasper's rebellious heart.

Her haughty pride was not easy to be dealt with. If there had ever been a man who could, it would be Jasper - Bella believed that passionate fighters they were, they were also the fiercest lovers. Passion was in their blood, it simply surfaced very differently. Either in hate, love, coldness or pain.

Jasper sat down on the empty couch, leaning back comfortably and smiling satisfied. Georgiana took her seat close by him, but her back remained straight. Bella wondered if she had ever touched the backrest of a chair. Probably the same amount of times that she had shown compassion; never.

Anyhow, they began to tell their story, and it was almost as if it were a fairy tale whose happy end they were all witnessing. But it had a bittersweet note to it, its taste remaining when Georgiana eventually concluded their story.

"Let me get this right; you two didn't see each other more than ten times before you got married?!" Alice voiced the question that all haunted their minds. It seemed so unlike Georgiana to follow her heart and not carefully consider a decision like that. Which just made their love even more beautiful.

Georgiana nodded, unmoved. "Yes. In a time where no divorce was possible, would we have needed it. When it's right, you just know...And, to be exact; we did meet nine times."

"During which you most surely led deep-going conversations." Emmet raised an eyebrow.

"Very witty, Emmet." Georgiana's eyes lit up coldly, but with amused mischief in them. She leaned to the side slightly, so that only Emmet could hear her. "Actually, there were other things going deep, not necessarily words."

"That, my dear, is way too much information."

"Don't pretend being prude, Emmet. We both know you're not." Georgiana leaned back and smiled. Bella was somehow relieved to notice that the cold calculation had gone out of it - maybe Georgiana was not so fierce and ruthless as she had thought. Maybe Jasper could show her humanity again.

Georgiana's P.O.V.

"Jasper..." I asked as we strolled through the forest, away from all the others and enjoying our being together. It felt so good to speak his name and know he was the man I loved. "Do you think that our love penetrated through our mental barrier?"

"If you mean whether we knew despite our loss of memory that we belonged to each other - then I would say it is a possibility."

I nodded, somehow touched by the fact our love was so strong... after all, I hadn't really known Jasper before I fell for him that night. Apparently it had been my heart telling me that it was right.

"What is it about you that robs me of all sense?" I mused and caressed his chest as we lay side by side on the grass - fully dressed. For now. "You did it when we were human, you're doing it now... The first time I saw you, when you sat in my kitchen bleeding, I would have done anything for you, given you anything. That didn't exactly change over time."

"Perhaps it is the same thing that makes you so irresistible to me." He buried his face in my hair. "To be quite honest, I do not have any intention of finding out, for I believe that whatever it is, it is magical. I do not wish to miss it." He kissed my lips. "Just as I wish to never miss you again."

Our lips locked in a passionate kiss, then I broke away and asked uncomfortably, scared of his reaction: "Jasper.. I am not the woman you loved back then. I changed, and I cannot say whether you will approve of the change."

"I know, love." He kissed me. "But rebels are loyal, Georgiana."

I sighed. "Yes, I know. I'm married to one."

I smiled and clasped my arms behind his neck. There was no need for further words; there never had been.

No P.O.V.

Jasper and Georgiana married two weeks later. Again.

Jasper had proposed to Georgiana once more, claiming, with a mischievous glint in his eyes, that they seemed to follow a certain pattern of first sleeping with each other and then marrying. Hence it would be time to marry again.

Since he saw their finding each other as a start in a new life, he wanted to marry once more, and this time give her a proper wedding.

"I thought you might actually want to wear a white dress on your wedding."

"That's reserved for virgins, Jasper." Georgiana chuckled. "I could have never worn one, not even on our first wedding."

"As long as you are a virgin at heart." He cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm not even that, thanks to you."

"I promise I won't tell."

Georgiana had laughed then, her eyes shining with happiness, and pulled Jasper's head towards her, giving him a passionate kiss. "I'd marry you ten times over if necessary."

So there Georgiana stood now, in a flowing white gown that emphasized her curves, being tight from bust to hips and then becoming wide and flowing. Despite her being so pale, the colour of the dress did not make her look dead, but very much alive. The fiery auburn of her hair was a powerful contrast to her dress, and she looked truly feminine.

"Wow, Georgiana." The words were out of Bella's mouth before she could stop them. Some weeks ago, she would have been ashamed of her laxly commenting, but Georgiana had changed considerably and did not make Bella feel so intimidated anymore.

Georgiana laughed. "To imagine that I am wearing a wedding gown for the first time at the age of 165 years!" She shook her head, her auburn curls swaying from side to side.

"I thought you already married Jasper."

"I did. It was not a very, er, let's just say traditional wedding. We went to the church in the middle of the night, because a spontaneous whim of Jasper to propose to me unprepared as I lay in his arms, me already two months pregnant with his second child..." She sighed and shook her head again, smiling to herself. "Those were good days, believe it or not. But I think even better ones will follow."

Georgiana smiled at the woman in the mirror. Nothing of the shadow she had once been had remained, and if it would not be for a time period of 144 years, nobody would be able to tell the difference between this Georgiana and the Georgiana Ellwood of the Civil War. She was happy and proud, and eager to live her life.

Her heart had returned into the loyal hands of a rebel.

The End..

...............................................................

VOTE & COMMENTS..?