20| Welcome to America!

Pierce and the boss sped down the highway heading towards the airport. Hip Hop played loudly from the radio, which was set to the station KRhyme. Pierce had the wheel while the boss examined the passenger manifest. In hopes to start up a conversation, Pierce asked, "How's Gat doing?"

The boss traced his finger over the manifest as he replied, "He's in bad shape, but Johnny's a tough guy. He'll survive."

"What about... well, you know."

It hasn't even been a full day since Aisha's death. Her body was recovered from her house by the boss's request along with her head. The crew didn't know where to put her, so they decided it would be best to just cremate her. The city already thinks she's dead, so they don't need to know she died again.

"His girlfriend's dead." The boss sighed, "He's depressed..."

Pierce peered over at the boss who gazed out the window with a joyless expression. Pierce couldn't imagine going through what Johnny is going through. Seeing your girl's dead headless body is not something he'd want to see when he came home.

Pierce focused his attention back on his driving. They crossed over the bridge that lead straight to the highway. The traffic was surprisingly light this time of day. He really expected the traffic to be heavy heading towards the airport, but he wasn't going to complain.

The boss remained silent for a few more seconds before Pierce decided he should lighten the mood.

"If that was me, that asshole wouldn't have gotten away." Pierce scoffed.

The boss lightly chuckled. "Sure you would. If it was you, we'd be burying you with Aisha." the boss replied.

Pierce grinned and the boss chuckled again before turning up the radio. Apache's Gangster Bitch blasted through the speakers, filling the car up with an upbeat tune and a lot of profanity. Pierce frowned and glared at the radio.

"What the hell are we listenin' to?" he said with disgust. He changed the station to Klassic FM.

"I was listening to that." the boss scowled.

"Too bad it sucked."

"Look Pierce," the boss said, "when you run the Saints you can listen to whatever the hell you want, but right now, I'm in charge of the radio." He changed the station back to KRhyme before adding, "Make fun of my music again and I'll put a bullet in your head."

"Why you gotta be like that?" Pierce muttered.

The boss smiled triumphantly and began to rap along with Apache to his song. As soon as the song ended, they finally arrived at the airport. The traffic gradually started to to get heavy, so Pierce drove through the back of the building. He trailed a few luggage carts as they made their way towards the back entrance of the airport.

Once inside the airport, Pierce whispered, "Akuji is gonna have a lot of security, so be ready..."

Pierce didn't come prepared for this mission. He was too caught up with Chenelle that he accidentally left his gun in his dresser...

The two strolled through the building and scanned through the crowd for men dressed in yellow leather (yellow was the Ronin gang's color). It wouldn't be that difficult to spot them since yellow is a flashy color on it's own.

Akuji's gate was just a few paces away from them and as a sworm of people unboarded the plane, they noticed the Ronin were nowhere in sight. Pierce felt the boss glaring at him and looked to his right to confirm his suspicion. Pierce felt his pulse rise as scanned the crowd again, absolutely delirious to the fact Akuji wasn't on the plane as he expected. It was on the manifest for crying out loud! And he wasn't proud of what he did to get it either.