Chapter 35 // The Semi-finale

Three months passed since the accident and I kind of forgot the whole thing, even with my body hurting and feeling like I've been walking on acid.
Robert did fine on his part too, he didn't stop taking drugs and turned into an complete asshole. There were no words that could describe what the hell happened with him, but I couldn't take it anymore.

When my Doctor said that I'm 5 months pregnant and need to watch out because my life has already been so shitty, I decided to move out.
My parents understood me and tried to hold me alive. I admit I was a complete wreck without Robert, but so was he with drugs. The thing was that I yelled at Robert, saying that he would never see his child again if he wouldn't stop with this behaviour.
Sadly he hasn't stopped at all, and I've felt like I was stepped on.
Joe, my parents and Dr. Pointfeld helped me going through hard situations, being bullied and mobbed at my school was a pretty hard thing to survive.

My classmates didn't know I was pregnant and I hoped they wouldn't notice - I'm really glad I got pregnant when it's getting cold.
I mean, at some point I regret meeting Robert again, letting him in my life and creating another life with him, but I loved the small nut that was living in me, I truly loved it.

There was no point in denying that my feelings for Robert started to fade as his behaviour got worse and worse. Some days he didn't even show up on school days and some days he showed up and treated me like shit infront of my class.
Of course my dad started being against him, even if it was his best friend - but none of us could understand what was happening with Robert and none of us could reach him.

Sometimes I had the feeling he had gotten in some kind of depressions, but there was no reason for him to dive into depressions. I mean, he got his wish fulfilled. Sometimes I even thought about me being the problem, but I wasn't the hard girlfriend like Susan or something. I always waited for him to come home at midnight, I always helped him when the drugs took it too far - I always did everything he loved to keep him smiling. Seems like it wasn't enough though and that's how our ways parted.

We didn't talk since the day I moved out nor did we have the strength to actually come up to eachother and start a conversation.
When we had gym together he would always avoid me with the dumbest excuses and I was getting tired of his shit, tired of this whole situation. I still, somehow, loved Robert but there was no future for us. Absolutely no future.

___

I woke up on the couch with the moonlight shining onto my face, the phone calling and making me furrow my brows. Who the hell would call this late and why?
I rubbed my eyes before taking my phone and looking at the unknown number, my heart slightly racing with hope that it'd be Robert.
"Did I wake you?", his somewhat harsh voice made me roll my eyes.
"No, joe, not at all. I was just kidnapping cows at freaking 2 a.m",
He laughed for a short moment before it got quiet again, my heartbeat hearable in the room.
"So...I just went out, party, party and stuff.", I rolled my eyes again, leaning against the doorway and hoping that Joe would shut his mouth and let me go to sleep again.
"Who cares, Joe. It's-",
"I saw him",
It felt like my heart plopped into my panties, my legs feeling like jelly as i catched my breath.
"Rose, He seems to be in deep shit",
"Tell me something new",
I literally heard him rolling his eyes.
"No, Rose, I'm serious. There was some guy saying he'd beat YOU up and his whole family and-",
My eyes widened as I felt a sudden kick in my heart.
It couldn't be....
The police took him away...

He had to be in jail...
"Did he have black hair and a weird cut on his cheek?",
He groaned for a second, apparently trying to remember something.
"Yeah, he had black hair and he looked kind of fat. He, he, fatty boom boom.",
"Joe! Where did you saw them and when?!",
My heart raced, my hand searching for the light as I felt another kick.
"I'm in a taxi right now, saw them about 5-10 minutes ago. What's wrong?",
"J-Joe...It's Tyler.",

_________
My parents called the police but didn't allow me to come with them, but I still did because after all it was Robert and I loved him, I really did.

My mom took my hand on the way, tears automatically escaping my eyes as I saw the police cars on the streets.
Everything from the night came back up and I felt like I was about to faint.
She squeezed my hand tighter before pushing me to herself, my tears landing on her lap. My dad turned off the engine before it went quiet for a short moment
"He's okay, Rose. He's right there", my dad said, smiling to me as he opened my door. I immadietly jumped out of the car, running to Robert who was currently talking to a Paramedic, fixing his bleeding nose and all.
I pushed the Paramedic away, not realizing that it was totally rude and harsh, and pulled Robert into a hug, my tears stopping for this moment.
I felt Robert sigh heavily before kissing my forehead and pulling me up.
"I'm so sorry, Mary. I wanted to stop with this...I wanted to throw away this thing and he came up behind me and-", I cut him off by pushing my lips onto his, his hands cupping my face, gently stroking it.

I realized that the kiss did nothing to me, and that was the moment where I realized that my feelings weren't like they've always used to be.

No, I did not feel anything in this kiss.

After all I was still the dumb little girl in her puberty.

_______________________________________
chickchickichickediti check yoself before you wreck yoself ....

PENIS.