Chapter 31- The Truth Will Out

This was a bad idea.

A really bad idea.

Not only could Brody get in trouble with his dad, but he could wind up in jail, and well we know what would happen next. My mom would demand my separation from Brody. This was not time for carelessness.

“You don’t seem very happy about it.” He states eying me carefully.

“I’m not.” I admit. “It’s a disaster waiting to happen.”

“Not if we don’t get caught.”

“But I can’t take that risk.” I say in utter frustration.

He doesn’t even know about the deal I made with my mom. It will be the end of us…of our relationship. I can’t let that happen. We’ve worked too hard for what we’ve got.

Think Farrah. Think.

“Why not, tired of being bad?” He jokes.

I sigh and place my palm on my head debating my options. What am I going to do?

“Relax good girl. No one will know.” He laughs pulling out his phone.

Before he even has a chance to press a button I quickly grab it from his hands and put it down my shirt. There, now he can’t call anyone.

“It that suppose to stop me?” He smirks.

Won’t it? Maybe I didn’t think this through far enough. I didn’t think he go for it.

He’s a guy. You really didn’t think he would?

Just, as, he starts advancing on me, I run around the island counter to the other side opposite of him.

“Wait!” I shout holding up a finger. “Let me explain something first.”

Like I expected he ignores me and tries to come at me but luckily I dodge him and run to the opposite side. He wasn’t catching me today.

“No,  I like the chase.” He smirks then rounds the island again.

Well this obviously isn’t working. He’s enjoying this way too much. I have to find another way to get him to listen.

That’s when an idea hit me. I’ll use his phone as leverage. Then he’ll listen. I can’t tell him while he's chasing me around.

I quickly make my way to the sink and pull the phone out as I turn on the faucet. Yep this should work.

“What are you doing?” He asks cautiously.

“Making you listen.” I reply watching him carefully. “Not another step or the phone goes in.”