Chapter 8- Relationship Status: It's Complicated

"What do you think, too much green?" Olivia asks looking down at the banner we had been working on for the past two hours.

"No, it's just right." Grace replied.

I nodded my head. "Yeah I agree."

I sat there on the floor and continuing my work on the football I made but not really happy with it. Of course it could be because I didn't really feel like painting right now and my mind was elsewhere. We had to get this finished today so it could be used for the game tomorrow night but my head was just not in it. My thoughts kept drifting back to yesterday in the janitor's closet with Blake. I still can't believe he tricked me into that. What was he going to do? I shudder at the thought and not in the good way.

Never did I think Blake would go to such lengths to get me alone with him. I thought he would have at least asked me first before getting other people involved. Brody and I must really be getting to him.

"You ok?" Grace asks pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because you've painted that same spot three times." She giggled.

I blush embarrassed and lay the brush down. I guess it's fairly obvious I'm distracted.

"You can go if you want to. We can finish this up." Olivia said giving me a concerned look.

Oh no. A concerned Olivia is a questioning Olivia.

"No that's ok. I'll stay. I've just got a lot on my mind." I gave a weak smile.

"Ok." 

I looked at the banner and was overall pleased with it. Who knew three girls could make such an awesome piece of work. I'm sure most of it was due to Olivia being in charge of the whole thing and we were just following her orders. She had a gift for art so placing her in charge was definitely the right call.

"So...." Olivia smiled watching me from the corner of her eye.

"What?"

"How are things with the bad boy?" 

"Different." I stated.

"Well I think Blake deserves everything you're doing to him." Grace said in all seriousness.

Wait. How does she know what I'm doing? I didn't tell her.

"I told her." Olivia says answering my unspoken question. "She won't tell anyone."

Grace nodded agreeing with Olivia. "I won't."

"A little bird told me you and Brody went for a ride on his bike." Olivia smiled.

I tried to hide my laugh. I think I knew who the little bird was. Possibly a certain star struck neighbor of mine. Poor Mia. 

"You rode on a bike! That's so cool." Grace gasped.

I shook my head at the girls. I swear it's like my life is a soap opera and they are the viewers who are screaming stuff at the tv. Let's see, Crazy Ex, check. The hot trouble maker, check. The traitor best friend and oh lets not forget the kidnapping form a supply closet. I think that's got it all. Yep, one big soap opera.

"That boy is trouble." She adds. "Don't let him taint you."

I can't help but roll my eyes at her. "No one is tainting anyone."

"I still can't believe what Megan did to you did to you."

"I know and I'm just as pissed off as you but we can't let on we know anything or my whole plan is ruined. Just act like nothing has changed."