Chapter 2- Deal With The Devil

(Chapter 2- Deal With The Devil)

"Farrah, let's go." Olivia said as she tugged at my arm.

I pulled out of my trance just as Brody looked away from me and back to his friends. He continued talking to them and acted like nothing ever happened before he sent me one last glance.

"Hello? Farrah?" She said impenitently when I made no attempt to move. "What is with you today?"

I shrugged avoiding her question and allowed her to pull me along to science which wasn't far from our first period class. Upon entering the room, I took my usual seat by the teacher's desk because yes I was a nerd like that, and waited for class to start.

I actually made it a habit to always sit in front of every class I was in. I felt it provided a better learning experience. It prevented my attention from wondering elsewhere when it should be in the class room all along.

I sat silently in my seat as people started pouring in class including you know who. Brody made his way to the seat behind me throwing his classic smirk as he sat down. I was beyond shocked by his choice to sit in his assigned seat which caused me to look at him rather odd.

Brody never followed the rules probably due to him having a problem with being told what to do so it was pretty much guaranteed he wouldn't take the correct seat. Never in all the time I had classes with him did he ever sit where he was supposed to. This being the reason of my shock.

"See something you like?" He smirked yet again.

Yeah right. Me like anything about him? That was a joke within it's self. His attitude prevented me from seeing anything beyond his bad boy exterior, so I never allowed myself to check him out.

"Good morning little learners." Mr. Pine says grinning at us like a mad man. "We have a new lesson today."

Everyone groaned at his announcement obviously not happy with the news, but I wasn't to upset. Maybe it will help keep my mind off the bad boy sitting behind me.

"Settled down it's not that bad." He says. "We'll be learning about Quantum Theory."

Mr. Pine picked up the worksheets from his desk and placed them at the front of every row to pass to the back. I took the first one from the top and proceed to hand the rest back to Brody. But little did I know I was about to regret it.

As he took the papers from my hands they easily slipped through my fingers, which caused a sudden stinging sensation and squeal to come from me.

I quickly pulled my hand away to get a look at the damage and almost instantly feel a wave of nausea come over me. Calm down Farrah it's not too bad it's just a paper cut. Everyone bleeds.

But why me?

I desperately tried to hold back to urge to puke when Mr. Pine caught sight of me.