The Rumble

Ponyboy and I walked to the lot. I saw greasers lined up. The Socs haven't even come yet. Dally was in the middle of the whole thing. It wouldn't surprise me if he started it.

We almost made it to the end of the line when I accidentally stepped on a branch and it snapped. Very loud. Dallas turned his head to me.

"Damn it Ellie. Go home!" He demanded. He scared me with the tone he used. I've never heard that one before.
"No, this is my fight to you know."
"I swear to god if they don't kill you tonight, I will." He threatened.

I got up in his face.
".You lay one hand of finger on me, you're gonna wish that you never lived, you got it?!" I snapped.

He lifted his hands up like he was gonna hit me or something but stopped when the Socs pulled up.

Bob got out and looked at me. He smile devilishly. I stepped in front of him.

"Ellie what are you doing?" Dallas warned.
"Please go back to the house." Sodapop.

I stared Bob in the eyes.
"Let the rumble begin." I smiled wickedly.

Bob went to go punch me but I ducked and punched him in the gut. I tried to see if Chad and Brad were here but I couldn't see them.

"Ah, looking for them two." He teased.
"The steroid brothers no thanks." I spat.
"Don't worry they'll be here soon enough."

I was getting pissed. I punched him right in the nose. I felt it crack beneath my knuckles. He was able to throw me off by punching me in the chest windpipe area and I crumble to the ground unable to breath.

"Ellie!" I heard someone yell.

I got numerous kicks to the ribs. Doubt I'd come out of this without any broken ribs.
I finally caught my breath and grabbed his foot and hauled him down. I got over him and grabbed him by the throat.

"You think you're winning but really you know that you aren't. You mad a mistake doing what you did. You're lucky I won't kill you. I might just make you suffer."
He smiled wickedly. I felt arms wrap around my ribs and squeeze. The pressure on my ribs made me scream in pain.

~Dallys pov~
I heard a scream. I looked over to see Ellie thrashing in the air. She must be in pain. I punched the soc I had ahold of hard in the face. I looked over to here again and saw Steve and Sodapop sneaking up behind I thing Chad and pulled down his pants.

What is wrong with those two. Ellie dropped to the ground and Steve punched they guy in the face. He tripped and fell because of his pants. Sodapop picked Ellie up and started running. I felt better that she'll be back to the Curtis's safe.

Darry was fighting an old high school buddy. Two-Bit was getting hit in the stomach and then attacked the guy. Steve was flipping guys over his back. Johnny was putting up a good fight. Ponyboy was trying his best. And me, well, I was doing good.
Finally the Socs began retreating. All the greasers began whooping and hollering.

We walked back to the house. Ellie was in Sodas arms on the floor. Her eyes were closed.

"Soda?" Pony asked.

Soda looked up and boys did he look like crap.

Soda lifted her shirt up but not too far. There were dark bruises on her stomach and the bruises were darker on her ribs.
"She's got a couple broken ribs. But I think she'll be fine." Soda spoke.

We all sat down in a heap.
"You have a hole on the side of your face."
"I've got some broken ribs."
"He had sharp teeth."

We all had something to complain about.

Ellie stirred in Sodas arms. She slowly started to open her eyes. She looked over to me.
"Dally mamas dead."