Gone

I looked at the clock next to me it. 2:15. On the dot. I crack open the door just a tiny bit to reveal everyone either sleeping on the couch, in a chair, or in the floor. Well everyone that is Soda, Pony, Two-Bit, and Johnny. I call tucker over so we could begin our new journey. Our new life. I like the way that sounds. To be able to say "I did this. I did this on my own without your help." It made me feel giddy.

Tucker yawns and sleepily walks over towards me. I plop him onto the bed and quietly sneak into the kitchen where I packed some food and water.

I quietly tiptoed back into the bed room. Somebody snores really loud and rolled around in the floor. I froze in my tracks in hopes no one woke up.

No one stirred so I crept back to the room as quickly and as quietly as I could. Once I got into the room I closed the door and turned to Tucker. He tilted his head at me unsure what I was planning.

"Let's go little buddy." I said to him.

I picked him up and reached as far down as I could put with window and dropped him. He only dropped maybe 5 feet. Nothing that wouldn't hurt him. Or myself to be exact. So I threw my bag out the window and crawled out myself. I looked at the house. The home I called before things went wrong. Home for only a short amount of time. I started my new life walking down the road to the convenient store.

I threw a bottle of peroxide on the counter.

"$.50 cents." The ratty old man said.

I handed him the two quarters and stepped outside.

Tucker was laying by the door and wagged his tail when he looked at me.

"Okay boy, lets head home." I said

But where was home? Not here. Not New York. We'll see where my feet take him or the bus in that fact.

I set my thumb out in hopes someone would pick us up and take us to the bus station or anywheres but Tulsa. But my luck was not what I had expected it to be. As a pink stingray made its way towards me.

"Shit." I mumbled u set my breath.

Ponyboys real lover  over here pulling up in her fancy dancy car. Smh. What do I care she can have him.

Her car got closer so tucker and I made our way down a trail to the park. I don't think she was paying much attention because the car slipped right by and tucker and I started walking again.

•••••

What seemed like hours was really only about 30 minutes of walking by the time that we made it to the bus station. I walked up to the bus lady and asked for a ticket. Any ticket at that.

She handed me my ticket and I waited for her to call when the bus arrived. I had tucker hidden in my backpack. Good thing he's only just a puppy or we'd have some problems.

"Bus number 67 is here." She boomed over the speaker.

I looked down at my ticket.

"Ok Tucker. San Antonio, Texas here we come."

And we boarded the bus.