Chapter 2

The picture is of Grayson.

Chapter 2

       It turned out that the new kid's name was Henry and he was a real jerk. He was only in one of my classes, but he always sat beside me and was constantly flirting with me. I guessed he didn't know that I had a boyfriend, who was the boy Henry almost got beat up by. I was tempted to tell him, but I was just waiting for it to punch him in the face.

       I was a bit surprised Henry never knew that Grayson was my boyfriend. Grayson and I were always together when we had the chance.

       "Hey, Poppy," Henry said as the bell to end second period rang. "How does a date Friday night sound?"

       I raised an eyebrow, trying my best not to laugh in his face. "Horrible, actually."

       "Seriously?" Henry asked. "You should be honored to go on a date with me. Many girls would die if I asked them out."

       He was such an obnoxious person. Did he really think that highly of himself? I was so close to shaking my head.

       "Fine," I said with a smile. "On one condition. My boyfriend comes along as well."

       "You have a boyfriend?" Henry asked. "Nah, I don't believe it."

       I rolled my eyes, packing my supplies in my bag before heading out the door. However, Henry didn't give up and followed my down the hallway. "Can you just leave me alone?" I asked.

       "I just want to know if you will go out with me on Friday," he said.

       I stopped and turned to face him. "The answer is no, for two reasons. One, you seem like a jerk and I don't date those. And two, I have a boyfriend."

       "I still don't believe it," Henry said.

       I groaned and walked away from him. How was I going to get him to leave me alone?

       When I got to my locker to put my stuff away, I was happy to see that Grayson was there waiting for me. Grayson must have known something was bothering me by the way I slammed my locker shut. "Alright, Flower," he said. "What did the locker ever do to you?"

       I sighed and shook my head. "It's not the locker. It's Henry."

       "And who is this Henry?"

       "Remember the guy you were close to beating up a few days ago?" I asked and Grayson nodded. "That's Henry. What did he say that got you mad, anyway? You never told me."

       Grayson scoffed. "That's because you shouldn't hear what he said. Let's just say if someone talks about my girlfriend in such a way, they better run." So Henry said something about me that made Grayson made and cause Tony to give him three days of detention. That made sense. Tony may be a teacher, but I was still his little sister. "Is he bothering you? Because I will handle it if he is."

       "Don't fight him," I said. "He's just constantly asking me out even though I told him I have a boyfriend. He doesn't believe me. But whatever. Let's just get some lunch."

       After Grayson and I got our lunch from the cafeteria, we sat down at a regular table with Belle. Grayson didn't exactly like Belle, but I told him to deal with it. She was my best friend after all and I knew her way longer than I had known Grayson.

       I sat down beside Belle, causing Grayson to glare at me as he sat across from me. I blew him a kiss as he shook his head.

       Henry suddenly sat down at our table, right beside Grayson in fact. And if looks could kill, Henry would have died a long time ago. "So, Poppy," Henry said, not noticing the look Grayson was giving. "About Friday....."