Chapter 6

Here's a picture of Thalia.

Chapter 6

I was able to convinve Grayson to stay home the next day. I almost went on my knees to beg him because he was declining it, but in the end he agreed.

All of his teachers were notified of his condition, something he wasn't happy about. He said that it was his personal business and only the people he wanted to know about it should know. I tried convincing him that it was best for his teachers to know so they wouldn't push him, but he still hated it.

"Poppy," Tony said right as I was about to leave biology class when it ended. "Did you know about Grayson's condition?"

"Yeah," I said. "That's why he was feeling sick yesterday, because he's on anti-depressants and neausea is a side effect. The whole dissecting frogs thing made it worse."

"And how long has it been going on?" Tony asked.

I shrugged. "He told me a few days ago that he was diagnosed a week ago. He didn't want anyone knowing about it."

"I hope he gets through it," Tony said. "Do me a favor and be there for him. I don't know him that much, but I know how much the two of you love each other. You being there is all he needs."

"Don't worry," I said. "I'm not planning on leaving him anytime soon."

I left the classroom and headed over to my English class. When it was finally over, I went to the cafeteria and sat down at my regular table. Shortly after, Belle sat down at the table with the new girl, Thalia. "Poppy, this is Thalia," she said. "I said she could sit with us since she's new to the school. Thalia, this is my best friend, Poppy. Luckily her boyfriend isn't sitting with us today because he's a cranky guy."

"Hi," I said with a smile, ignoring her comment about Grayson. "How do you like the school so far?"

"I like it," she said. "I was actually here for a bit in grade ten, but I moved. So now I'm back here with a fresh start. Well, hopefully not too fresh. I had a boyfriend, but we broke up since he wasn't into the whole long distance thing. I'm hoping we could reunite, but we didn't keep contact, so I have no idea if he is still here."

"What's his name?" Belle asked. "Maybe we know him."

"Grayson," Thalia replied with a smile, causing me to choke a bit on the water I was drinking.

Thalia gave me a weird look, but I shook my head and cleared my throat. "Grayson Prince?" I asked. "Tall, blond hair, blue eyes, kind of stubborn?"

"Yeah, him," Thalia replied, making Belle raise an eyebrow. "Do you know him?"

"Uh, yeah," I replied. "He's the one that threw up in biology class yesterday."

"Really?" she asked. "He doesn't really have a weak stomach. Are you sure it's the Grayson I'm talking about?"

I pulled out my cell phone and scrolled through my pictures before finding a picture of Grayson. It was my favorite one of him. I took it when we went to a carnival last month. He was leaning against a tree, eating a large cotton candy that he refused to share with me. "Is this him?" I asked, holding my phone to him.

Thalia looked at the picture and smiled faintly. "Yeah. That's him."

I had to admit that I was getting a bit jealous, but it wasn't like Grayson still had feelings for Thalia. I didn't even know if Grayson knew Thalia was back.

Suddenly, someone sat down beside me, his head resting against the table. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I missed you," he muttered. "And I didn't want Henry to bother you."

"I told you to take the day off," I said. "You need to rest."

"Grayson?" Thalia asked, realizing her ex-boyfriend was sitting in front of her.

Grayson looked up, his eyebrows furrowed. "Thalia? You moved back here?"

Thalia nodded, the smile still on her face. "Yeah, isn't that great?"

Grayson didn't reply as he rested his head back on the table with a groan. "I feel sick, Flower."

"I told you that you need rest," I repeated.

"I don't need anything, babe," Grayson said.

I sighed, feeling irritated by him. I wanted him to rest because of how sick he had been feeling and because he wasn't sleeping at all at night. "So you drove here even though you were sick?" I asked. "That isn't safe."

"Yes, mom," Grayson muttered sarcastically.

"I'm being serious," I told him.

Grayson turned his head to face me, though he kept his cheek rested on his arms. "I love you and all that, but you don't have to worry about me."

"You and I both know that it's not true," I objected. I had to worry about him. I was worried about him.

"I'm fine," Grayson said.

"I didn't ask if you were fine," I told him.

"Grayson, are you okay?" Belle asked sincerely. Though she and Grayson didn't get along, she looked worried.

"Shut up," Grayson snapped, causing me to punch his shoulder.

Belle scoffed. "Seriously? I was asking if you're okay. Can you just bury whatever problem you have with me for the sake of Poppy? You are dating my best friend afterall. I knew her first."

I couldn't help but sneak a look at Thalia. Hearing that Grayson was dating me caused her to frown a bit. She hadn't seen Graysom for two years. Did she still like him?

"Boo hoo," Grayson said. "At least I was never a jerk to her."

"I apologized, get over it," Belle said. "Blame Devon. He was toxic."

"I can agree with you on that," he said before turning back to me. "Flower, I feel really sick."

"Then go home," I said. "Why the hell did you come here in the first place when you're sick?"

Grayson gave me a fake pout. "Babe, don't get mad at me. I just wanted to see you."

"I was going to see you after school," I told him.

"I didn't want to wait that long," Grayson said. "I haven't seen you since yesterday."

Belle snorted. "You're whipped."

"Shut up," Grayson snapped.

I sighed. "Grayson, go home. Please. I promise I'll see you after school."

"Promise?" Grayson asked.

"Yes," I said in frustration. "Just go home."

Grayson stood up from the table, kissing my cheek before walking out of the cafeteria. I did not get him at times.

"You and Grayson are a thing?" Thalia asked.

"Yeaahhh," I said slowly. I didn't know if she would be mad about it, but she did seem like a nice girl.

"For how long?" she asked.

"A couple months," I replied. "We started dating the week before spring break."

"Is he okay, though?" Thalia asked. "He looked a little troubled."

"He's fine," I lied. "He's just been sick for the past couple days." I really hope Grayson would feel better.

__________________

So Thalia is Grayson's ex-girlfriend. They didn't date for that long, though.